Challenges with RV parks, etc., when driving a MDT or HDT?

TxCowboy

These rigs are larger than most. What challenges have you encountered when making reservations at RV parks, state and national parks, etc.?

I can imagine that there are frequently difficulties just maneuvering inside the parks themselves. And then having a place to park the rig?

Maybe noise complaints?

What else??

pegmikef

A lot are ok, but there are still a bunch that aren't. Corps of Engineer parks are generally ok, but state parks in Texas vary. I always use google maps to look over most of the parks I am planning on visiting regardless of the type of park.

IronJ

We have an mdt tv that travels with us on occasion. ...honestly I think I have more issues with my 45ft trailer and long bed dually than he does...with his mdt and 42 ft trailer...

I find that many times I cannot park the truck with the trailer or in some places can't use the rear patio. ..

As for noise, Older diesels are just as loud..and there are plenty of those everywhere I go too...

I've been able to maneuver in every state Park I've been to...which is only about 7 so far...

We find that if you plan ahead sufficiently you will be fine...

If anything it's always the tree limbs I'm dodging! ! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

mcolson84

I haven't really noticed to much difference other than my HDT actually turns tighter than my pick-up did. I wasn't any less careful in my pick-up about low hanging tree limbs because you still had to worry about dragging the trailer through them. I also like being able to put my HDT in 1st gear and be able to really crawl through narrow places. It is also nice to sit up higher, it seems like you have a much better view. It is just a pain to get into many parks and park spaces with a 40'+ trailer, not to mention the length of a tow vehicle hooked on the front. If I am worried it is going to be tight in a camp area I often park and walk it out before pulling in. As far as the noise goes, I think my HDT is quiter than my 97' Powerstroke or 93' Cummins. I do have to admit though that we rarely stay in RV parks. Just my .02