SOLVED: Low water pressure in toilet

f250dieseldad

Okay here is the problem. I have a Thetford toilet and when I flush the water does not have enough pressure to flush everything down. I took the water supply line off and there is plenty of pressure. I was wondering if it is the vacuum breaker on the toilet. It was working fine until about a week ago. I even tried using the water pump and still the same.

rxbristol

Re: Low water pressure in toilet

You probably have debris in the water valve. You may be able to take the valve off and clean it out. Look specifically at the exit port of the flush valve.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

The vacuum breaker has nothing to do with the toilet. Its tied into the tank flush system only.

danemayer

The vacuum breaker has nothing to do with the toilet. Its tied into the tank flush system only.

I believe the toilets have an additional vacuum breaker. I'm not certain, but I assume it's to prevent contamination of the water supply if water rises to the top of the bowl.

f250dieseldad

There is a vacuum breaker on the toilet but that was not the problem. I have the Blue streak chemical injection system and what I found today is where the tee is for this is where the obstruction in the water line was. Cleaned out the tee and we are flushing again.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

I stand corrected. That begs the question...where is the vacuum breaker for the toilet?

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton

is the blue streak injection a good idea, and what is the benefit?

f250dieseldad

I like the Blue Streak. I think you save on chemical if you are just camping for the weekend. It adds chemical each time you flush. The dispenser holds a quart so we only go through a quart a month and we fulltime.

Kbvols

We really like the blue streak. We don't full time just use weekends and vacations and only use about a quart per season. We are talking about upgrading coaches and wife says the blue streak will definitely have to be moved to new coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk