TST 507 TPMS not working with my RAM3500

sengli

I have ahd the TST 507 TPMS system for a couple of years now. It worked just fine with my 2011 silverado when towing no issue's. I replaced my tow vehicle with a 2014 RAM 3500, and now the TST system doesnt always work. It will not show any data for two or three of the wheels on my big horn. I know the sensors are working, cause if I put the receiver near the trailer w/o the truck they all report in.

I know the RAM has TPMS on it, where as my silverado DRW did not. I wondering of the factory TPMS on the truck is interfering with the TST system. Do you think a signal booster will help?

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of things come to mind here.
Have you put fresh batteries in your sensors?
At one time I had the same issue as you are having and I added the repeater. Problem solved.

Peace
Dave

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Had the same issue and like Dave said, the repeater is more than likely the answer

DougS

Doug S
Same here, I added a repeater to the front basement of my LM, works much better, no false readings. It was worth the $45+ that I paid for it.

Piperflyer

I mounted the repeater on the outside of the Generator Compartment area on my Big Horn and pick up all the tires of the trailer in my Silverado without any problem.

sengli

A couple of questions on the repeater. Seems as if I cant find for the TST 507 for less than $60. Where did you find one for $45? And when installed, do you leave it power up all the time? Or would it be advisable to make it so you can power it down when not in use?

Piperflyer

I put a switch on mine so I can turn it off when not in use. You just have to remember to turn it on or off

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The price of the repeater seems to have gone up some. Like everything else.
TST has the repeater listed at $59. [LINK]
I do not cut power to my repeater and it's been powered for about four years now.

Peace
Dave

'Lil Guy'

Sounds like you need the repeater. I mounted my repeater directly behind the hitch on the underside of the coach overhang and mounted a switch on the back of the hitch pin control box and wired it to the harness. I would occasionally drop a wheel so I added the feature after the fact. Never had an issue since. Your issue could very well be lowd batteries as stated earlier.

DougS

Doug S
I mounted my repeater near the Level Up controls. I installed a 12 volt socket in the interior wall of my LM and installed a 12 volt socket on the repeater wires. I plug it in when I raise the front landing gear. I must have caught my repeater on sale 2 years ago because I paid close to $45 plug shipping. I guess prices have gone up.

Nbomar

Anyone install their repeater on the back of the tow vehicle behind the license plate? My DRW sometimes lose signal too. I wanted to keep it on the truck all the time and get the trailer also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rollin_Free

I'm in the process of installing new tires and have been using the TST 507 for about 2 years. Since the external sensor is believed to not monitor tire temperature accurately I was thinking about purchasing the internal ones. When I called them they said they are upgrading to a sensor that is fastened inside the tire similar to what Ford and Chevrolet are doing. I have attached a pic of the upgraded internal sensor kit for anyone wanting to use this style monitor.

Out of curiosity I asked what the accuracy was of the internal to the external (on metal valve stem) temperature readings. I was told both are actually measuring the actual tire temp, not ambient air, and are + - 3 deg C. Since they say both sensors read the temp approximately the same I'm going to save some change and stay with the external ones I already have.

Ok so back on topic: We also discussed missing readings from tires and they said wireless thermometers and other electronics seem to be causing issues. Based on this thread I am also wondering if the factory TPMS or any other wireless device could be a potential cause.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

avvidclif

If there are sensor batteries that are low it will trigger an alarm and the low battery indicator will flash. Not the one on the right side of the screen for the display but along the bottom and about the middle. A small battery symbol with a line thru it.

sengli

Installed a TST repeater on the rear bumper of my truck, and no more issue's. Used a spare 7 pin plug, using only the +12, and ground for the power to the repeater. There are two 7 pin receptacles on my RAM, anyway. Velcro attached the Xmitter to the bumper. So no external switches to power the xmitter. And its only running when I am towing.