Electronic tablet control pannel

hboy1

I was in a 2016 RW 355 this weekend. The control panel is a small tablet (like ipad) that is mounted on the wall, but can also be unplugged from the wall and used remotely.

This tablet controls the sides, awning, lights, generator. Landing gear too? There was no battery in the rig, so I did not get a demo on the unit.

The sales person said this will be the future for these rigs. Just wondering if anyone has this new feature and what do you think. Seems like one more thing that could go wrong, but who knows.

Are the days of the standard control panel gone?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'll take switches any day, no need to go find the pad/remote if I just want one specific light on or off. Easy to fix/replace if it doesn't want to work. Remove that pad, drop it on a hard surface and then what??

It might be the sales thing of the future, but not in my future.

Mburtsvt

The switches and power cabinet are still in the RV. What you saw was the Lippert “linc” system pad. It does work some of the functions of a few of the RV systems. It’s at best a first stab and what will be in the future a whole coach approach to automating RV functions that can be operated by a tablet or smart phone.

HOGHAULER

You still have all the manual switches, I have to admit I have not used mine except to try it. Would be nice if back to camper and have to adjust fron landing gear to mate to hitch with out getting out.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
It would be nice to see this option as an option on all High End RVs. Cough, Cough Landmark!!!

danemayer

I prefer conventional switches. The remote control and receiver add a lot of cost to the product and are a very expensive repair when they fail in the future. The convenience of a remote seems pretty minimal to me.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dan the switches are also there I guess. As an optional item would be great. That way those that do, do and those that don't, don't.

jbeletti

I'd say if this becomes more popular, that it would not be an option. It would likely become standard. As Dan mentions, the wiring plan would have to be different for a remote system. I don't see us doing 2 significant wiring plans within the same brand.

If we see more competitor brands at our price point go with this stuff, it's likely we'll have to do the same.

Can't say for sure, but I believe Andy (Landmark) may be reviewing systems at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk