Fresh Water Tank Cleaning

redharleymn

We have a 2014 Torque 321. How do I drain and clean the fresh water tank? The water has been in it since I purchased it 2 months ago.

weekender01

You should have a drain for the fresh water tank, but I have heard that some of them are still up under the plastic underbelly. You may need to cut a hole or undo some bolts to find exactly where that is. Others who have this unit will know better where to look.

As for cleaning do you mean sanitizing?

redharleymn

I thought maybe the "factory" would respond as well. I sure wish I could fine a "manual" that shows me where everything is located. Do you know of one? And yes, I want to sanitize. The water has been in the tank for several months.

danemayer

I thought maybe the "factory" would respond as well. I sure wish I could fine a "manual" that shows me where everything is located. Do you know of one? And yes, I want to sanitize. The water has been in the tank for several months.

Heartland relies on the dealer to show you where things are during a walk through at time of purchase. The trailer manual is pretty generic. Our owner-written user guides, including the one on Water Systems, provide additional information beyond what dealers are likely to cover. But there are many models and many floor plans, and many changes over the years. So no, there's no manual that's specific to yours.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Most of the time the fresh water drain is in front of the wheels on the ODS. The hose and petcock should be sticking out of the coroplast. We drain as much water as we can and put a cup or two of bleach in the tank and add some water.

redharleymn

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the fact Heartland wants the dealer to do the walk-thru however I purchased mine from a private party.

Cabindoc

Most of the time the fresh water drain is in front of the wheels on the ODS. The hose and petcock should be sticking out of the coroplast. We drain as much water as we can and put a cup or two of bleach in the tank and add some water.

Bob, how the #$@# do you add bleach to the fresh water tank. Looked all through the manual.

danemayer

Bob, how the #$@# do you add bleach to the fresh water tank. Looked all through the manual.

Hi Cabindoc,
I assume you have the Anderson 4-way Valve. Here's one way:

• Drain your water hose
  • Connect the hose to the coach city water inlet
  • Set the 4-way valve to TANK
  • Mix your cleaning solution.
  • Pour the solution into the water hose from the faucet end.
  • Attach the hose to the faucet and turn on water to push the cleaning solution into the tank.

Cabindoc

Ok, I didn't think of that. I thought there was some thing built in I was missing, or that if you set the valve to sanitize it will suck the solution out of the bucket...or something. 1 more question, how do you access the back of the water heater and if/when I do, will I find a bypass line?

danemayer

Access to the back of the water heater will vary by Model/Floor Plan, but on many rigs, you take town the rear wall of the pass through basement storage near the Universal Docking Center (UDC).

jbeletti

Ok, I didn't think of that. I thought there was some thing built in I was missing, or that if you set the valve to sanitize it will suck the solution out of the bucket...or something. 1 more question, how do you access the back of the water heater and if/when I do, will I find a bypass line?

I believe using the Sanitize feature of the Anderson valve allows you to suction sanitizer/antifreeze etc into the water lines but not into the fresh water tank.

Cabindoc

Thanx, Jim. Can you direct me to an online manual for the Anderson valve. Not found in my paperwork and manual.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanx Jim

Another way to get bleach into your system is through your water filter, if you use one. I have a water filter between the water spigot and the RV, I just take the filter out and add the bleach to the empty filter housing and screw it back into the top, turn the water on and there you go, bleach in your fresh water tank.

cellman

I have a 2015 321 and I have to remove the top step riser to access the water pump and hot water tank bypass valves.