Water Shutoff Valves to Garage Bathroom 4100 King?

pcardoza

Are there valves to shut off the water, only to the rear bath? We have a 2014 4100 King and will be in it for several more weeks. The furnace does not sufficiently keep the garage warm so we want to close off the slider, but are concerned about the plumbing back there.

danemayer

I don't think there are any cutoff valves, but you could install Sharkbite press on valves pretty easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

oscar

There are no shutoffs. And, if you install them placement would be crucial. You did not state that you were going to be in freezing temps. How freezing..... 32?25?10? Your biggest concern will be the basement as that is where most of your water tubes are.....

pcardoza

Probably not below 20 deg. Once the colder weather sets in we typically close off the garage area. Also, we never did actually use the rear bathroom this entire season. With the furnace on, I'm comfortable the the underbelly is warm enough, so my only concern is in the bath itself. the furnace heat is pretty much non-existent back there..........

In any case, it's been such a mild fall here in southern New England, that I'm not even going to concern myself with it till next year.

There are no shutoffs. And, if you install them placement would be crucial. You did not state that you were going to be in freezing temps. How freezing..... 32?25?10? Your biggest concern will be the basement as that is where most of your water tubes are.....

oscar

In that case the shutoffs need to be where the tubes leave the basement. But, you will also need a way to get to them, and a way to blow them out. Getting into the basement is not easy, so if I were to attempt this I would probably go with some access hatch from below.