Hydraulic fluid leaking into living room from under slide?

Erika

I noticed a small puddle of fluid between my refrigerator and pantry door last night and when I went to wipe it up, I realized that it wasn't water. It is slightly oily, although it has no color or odor and not super slick... just kind of oily or maybe slightly sticky? The area of the floor where I wiped it up is now slightly more shiny than it was before. I checked and there is nothing coming out from the pantry (no bottles leaking, etc).

When I got up this morning, there was more of it, all along under my love seat, on the other side of the refrigerator. At first, I thought it was rain water dripping in from the top of the slide, but then when I realized it was sort of oily, I thought it might be coming from the fridge? But no ammonia smell. Now that I see it coming in from under the sofa - or possibly coming up through the flooring (??), I am starting to wonder if it is hydraulic fluid from the slide out.

I went out and looked on the ground and under the rig and I don't see any puddles or drips or anything. Also nothing on the level legs, tires or bottom of the slide.

Anyone have any thoughts? I am going to call a mobile tech out here, but I always like to get opinions from you all, too.

Thank you for anything you have to say on the issue.

- Erika

danemayer

My mother-in-law tells the story of finding a disturbing looking brown liquid in the trunk of her car. Alarmed, she immediately went to her car dealer for repair. The mechanic was a little puzzled and couldn't figure out what it could be. Then he put a finger into it, raised his hand and licked his finger.

"Melted chocolate ice cream" was the diagnosis.

Maybe you have a broken jar somewhere nearby.

Erika

Well, I feel like an idiot now. After being reassured by your replies that it couldn't be hydraulic fluid spraying in from under the slide floor, I looked around some more and found an old, overturned tub of damp rid. I'm guessing that the damp rid fluid, in combination with maybe some of the ant blocker that I recently put down near the pantry, provided the oily/sticky feeling to the fluid I was finding.

Thanks for sticking with me...

:eek: