• Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $0
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $0

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 15
  • Register by end of day 5/3/2016
  • Site fee: $$35.70 per night if twelve RV or more per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: 0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00 per RV
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 6/4/2016
  • Potluck time: 6:00 pm

• Event Leader: Larry and Gayle(click to contact)

Additional Info:
This is a Missouri/Kansas rally hope to see some of our Kansas Heartlanders at the rally as well as our Missouri friends

Rally rates are good for one day before and one day after rally dates

You need to make your own reservations with the RV Park.

Attendees:

1. Larry and Gayle Kuykendall
2. Jay and Stella Coffman
3. LaRoy and Brenda Hiebner
4. Dave and Nancy Seabolt
5. Mike and Peg Finnegan
6. Corbin and Flora Tayloe
7. Bob Curry
8. Roy and Sally Evans
9. Steve and Mary Wilson
11. Tony and Ericka Dorsey
12. Lin and Debbie Ballard
13. Chris and Diane

Schedule of Events (tentative)

Pre-Rally Event:

Thursday June 2: Dinner out at a BBQ restaurant. Time and place to be determined

Rally:

1. Friday, June 3 @ 6:00 PM: Meet and Greet around campfire
if weather permits.
a. Fresh dutch oven baked cake and ice cream

2. Saturday, June 4 @ 8:30 AM: Club furnished breakfast
featuring Jon Holbert's famous Skillet Scramble

3. Saturday after breakfast on your own to see the many
sites around the area. Any questions on what to do or
see talk to Roy Evans who is the KC expert

4. Saturday @ 6:00 PM: Pot Luck night. Club to furnish
Kurzweil Bratwurst (famous in this area), buns, and
condiments. Every please bring a covered dish and your
own drink.

5. Sunday @ 8:00: Coffee and donuts and good-byes

Last edited:

olcoon

Sally & I are going to try to make it. If we can, it'll be the closest rally we've been to, only about a 20 mile drive. So between now & then we are going to scout out for everyone some activities. There is a lot to see & do in the Kansas City area within a reasonable drive from the campground. A lot of historical sites, shopping, and not to mention that KC is famous for BBQ, plenty of great BBQ places to "sample"! Probably after Thanksgiving or Christmas, we'll start doing day trips to get info, and pass it along to Larry & Gayle. In the mean time, if anyone has any questions just ask away!

Larry and Gayle

retired Missouri Chapter Leaders
Bernie, we will miss you and Judy if not in Texas we will see you at the Branson regional rally in May
Hope you are well!

- - - Updated - -

- - - Updated - - -

Mike, we will be looking forward to seeing you and Peg.

Larry and Gayle

retired Missouri Chapter Leaders
Jay and Stella, Look forward to seeing all you Texans there

- - - Updated - - -

Mike and Peg, Glad you will be coming. We will try some of the KC BBQ

- - - Updated - - -

Dave and Nancy, Look forward to seeing you in Missouri. Will have a good representation from Texas!

- - - Updated - - -

Roy and Sally, We sure appreciate you looking into activities for the area. Sure hope you will be able to come to this rally. You could start your journeys after the rally--I hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Don and Joyce, Glad you will be able to come. Sure look forward to seeing you.

pegmikef

If Jay goes, we go.

Oops, I might have jumped the gun on this one. I checked with Peggy and we may have a grandma/grand daughter conflict during that period. Peggy has taken three of our grandchildren to Washington D.C. around their tenth birthday so they could personally witness the unbelievable dysfunction of our so-called government leaders and bodies. She reminded me that this year is our youngest grand daughter's turn to go as soon she gets out of school so this will take priority. Unfortunately San Angelo schools get out May 27th so they will probably be traveling to D.C. the week of your rally. We really hate to miss the rally and if the conflict gets resolved (different trip dates) we will be there.

In retrospect, I guess I should have said "If Jay goes, we try to go."

jbeletti

Larry and Gayle - looks like a great campground and a new area to rally in. Nancy and I will be on a cruise and can't make this but we're wishing you and the rally attendees all the best!

Just talked to Kathy at Basswood RV Resort regarding placing us together. For anyone who makes a reservation with the park by the end of February, she will place us in same area. After that time, there is no guarantee. Looking to forward to seeing you there. Roy Evans is scouting out activities and hopefully a good BBQ place. He claims that the Kansas City area has the best BBQ in the country.

BLHFUN

Hey Larry! Bart and Lory will be arriving 6/2 and leaving 6/5. Always ready for some good BBQ.

olcoon

Well, since Larry threw me under the bus, I guess I'll have to go over & above to find the best BBQ! Also getting ready to get some tourist spots scouted out in case anyone would be interested. I've lived in the KC area all my life, so I should be able to find a few places of interest. I'm looking at history, generally interesting, shopping, and of course good places to eat.

olcoon

Not really worried, there are PLENTY of excellent BBQ places in KC. Some of them are visited by every president when they come to KC. But we all have opinions about our past & present presidents!!!

dbbls59

Hey Roy. When putting together interesting places to visit, don't overlook the Arabia Museum in the downtown market area. It is very interesting. Famous Daves BBQ near Cabala's is a good place to eat. Also how about a tour of the Ford plant?

I see some one doesn't like Famous Daves. Arthur Bryant's is a popular place in KC however, I don't like their sauce. The Smokehouse on N. Oak in N KC would be a good local joint. I'm guessing it is still there. Haven't been in a long time since they opened one in Independence.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not that I have a dog in this fight but famous daves is a chain. Go for the off the beaten path places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.