Any helpful info on posting to the forum from an iPad.

GETnBYE

I am looking for tips and tricks when post and uploading pics using an iPad. I am struggling. And I am sure anyone ready my posts is wishing I could learn to do better also. Some of my pictures are upside down??:confused:

VKTalley

I'll not be much help as I haven't figured out how to post pictures from my iPad either. :confused: Guess we can both learn together.

danemayer

Snapped a pic on the iPad for this post.

On edit, the icon looks right but the photo opens sideways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1447214404.913135.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1447214404.913135.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 28

Mrsfish

I was told to turn my iPad. Honestly. I keep my home button on the left side and when I take a picture, the camera button is on the right. I was told to turn my iPad 180 degrees and it will be set correctly for sending. Seems that when you send a picture it will revert to its home position and my use of the iPad was (to the camera) upside down. Doesn't matter that it is saved on my iPad in the proper direction- it is the way it is sent. Looked it up on an apple site and they confirmed I was taking my pictures upside down FOR SHARING PURPOSES outside of the Apple community

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I always have to use my laptop or desktop to post photos . . . the posting feature of this website doesn't seem to work with my iPad or android phone!

Perhaps it is a feature of 'Tapatalk' (which I don't use) that allows the posting of photos from tablets and phones here?

I typically email a cell phone photo to myself, then upload it to the posting feature of this website from a real computer, and I really don't use the iPad camera hardly at all . . . except for some goofy photos with the 'Photo Booth' app.

Of course, almost all of my photos come from a real digital camera, anywayz . . . they always come out right side up!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I am looking for tips and tricks when post and uploading pics using an iPad. I am struggling. And I am sure anyone ready my posts is wishing I could learn to do better also. Some of my pictures are upside down??:confused:

Download the App "Tapatalk ". I use it almost exclusively on my iPad and iPhone. I very seldom use my laptop anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

As I understand it, the forum software (vBulletin) does not read the EXIF data from the picture. So, if the camera, phone, iPad etc. were in a rotated position when the picture was taken, the forum software will display it in that same position.

The reason it looks like you intended, on the device you took the picture on, is that device knows your intention and does read the EXIF data.

As a suggestion, open an image taken in a rotated fashion and use the editing software of the device to rotate the image around until it comes back to the desired orientation - then resave it. Then upload it.

porthole

Retired
I use my iPad, iPhone and laptop for the forum.

With my iPhone i use Tapatalk 99% of the time.

With my iPad I use Tapatalk at times, but mostly Safari now, getting the same experience and lay out as I do on my laptop.

I don't know what changed in the past year, but you can now upload pictures using the Safari browser just like you would on a PC or Mac, using the "advanced" feature. In the past if I wanted to upload a picture to a thread I had to use Tapatalk.

Edit your photo before uploading. If you took a vertical shot and it needs to be horizontal, rotate the picture in the iPhoto app, even if it displays correctly, then save.
After editing in the app I then use the app "Simple Resize" to resize the picture to something more manageable for uploading.

- - - Updated - - -

note, I am using an iPad Air, if it makes a difference.

GETnBYE

I use my iPad, iPhone and laptop for the forum.

With my iPhone i use Tapatalk 99% of the time.

With my iPad I use Tapatalk at times, but mostly Safari now, getting the same experience and lay out as I do on my laptop.

I don't know what changed in the past year, but you can now upload pictures using the Safari browser just like you would on a PC or Mac, using the "advanced" feature. In the past if I wanted to upload a picture to a thread I had to use Tapatalk.

Edit your photo before uploading. If you took a vertical shot and it needs to be horizontal, rotate the picture in the iPhoto app, even if it displays correctly, then save.
After editing in the app I then use the app "Simple Resize" to resize the picture to something more manageable for uploading.

- - - Updated - - -

note, I am using an iPad Air, if it makes a difference.

Thanks very much, who knew there was an app for that?...not me!
Anymore apps I should know about?