Tow vehicle Tires

bigdob24

Need to replace the tires on my F 350 Ford Dully.
It has BF Goodrichs on it and they did not last like I'd hoped .
Now looking at Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2
Any one have any thoughts on these tires?
Thanks
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: Tow vehical Tires

I've got a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD SRW that I've had for 14 months and it now has almost 27K miles on it . . . almost all highway miles.

Came with Firestone Transforce HT tires which I think are pretty decent truck tires, although they already look like they are getting close to the end of their life span.

So I'll be watching this topic thread with interest as well . . .

avvidclif

I have the Michelin LTX MS 2 in 275/65-18. They have 40k mi on them. The new tread depth was 13.5mm. Current depth is 9-10mm (measured at Ford dealer when oil changed). They are discontinued and the new ones are called Defender. Wally World has them for abt $250, probably not in stock but can be had in a couple of days (my store anyway). When I replace these I will use the same except in a 70 width to gain over 200 lbs/tire of weight rating. (3415-3620 IIRC)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I went through a couple sets of the LTX M/S2's on my last truck. Rode well and wore well.
So now I have them on my current truck.
I like em.

Peace
Dave

Dean-Pam

I am on my second set of Michelin LTX M/S 2 and am very satisfied with wear and performance.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

I am on my second set of Michelin LTX M/S 2 and am very satisfied with wear and performance.

X2, we had them on our previous 2004 GMC dually, and just put them on our new (to us) 2013 GMC dually. Michelin LTX M/S 2 were stock on this truck, but someone put some aggressive off-road tires on it that did not ride well for towing, so we traded them in on new Michelins.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

I'm on my second set too. I am satisfied with their performance and even wear pattern as I rotate them every service visit but I'm a bit disappointed with their longevity. I'm thinking of replacing them with something else when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk