Weird Ceiling Issue!

We have a 2015 Newport (which we love). I noticed the other day that one of the rear ceiling lights was filling up with this red liquid! I have no idea what it is other than it may be from the mice that got in sadly this fall. Any ideas? I have checked the roof and didn't see holes and it is only coming through one ceiling light.

IMG_0602.JPGIMG_0603.JPGIMG_0604.JPGIMG_0604.JPGIMG_0619.JPGIMG_0624.JPG

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Strange the way it outlines the cells of the Styrofoam. Is it sticky or smelly? Is there a "reservoir" of it behind that foam? If it's from mice, perhaps they got trapped in a void, died and are decomposing in there (but that would stink). I know some owners have reported or alleged that mice got in the ceiling, but there's no food up there, so it's not likely they'd stay up there. IMO.

rxbristol

It looks like some type of moisture is acting on an adhesive causing it to dissolve and run. IF that's the case, you may have a water leak.

jbeletti

Seems like uncured adhesive. The lines in the adhesive is the result of the roof being in a vacuum to bond the layers.

Never heard of it not curing. Please contact Heartland. Email them your contact info, VIN, description of issue and picture of red material in light fixture. Service: service@heartlandrvs.com / 877-262-8032

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westwind

I'm having the same issue around a door side bedroom recessed light and I have mice poop in 4 of my rear recessed fixtures in the living room. Plus a field day inside of the dresser and I have caught two in sticky traps. I foamed all the pipe entrances under the sinks 3 years ago it looks like they have found other ways. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Westwind

Caught another mouse last night, removed the storage compartment wall to access the bulkhead and put two sticky traps, looked in this morning and had one in one trap, going to leave the other in there just in case.
Night before I could hear him over the bedroom, must have been in the recessed light wiring chases pulling on wires.
We have lost the ( 8 ) recessed lights in the living room & kitchen, I've checked the fuses and everything looks good. Going to pull switches to see what is going on behind them and use a meter on both fuses and switches. After that I will wait until we return home to drop light fixtures and check wiring in the ceiling.