New member to Heartland family

I am a new member of the Heartland family. I ordered my Big Horn 3370RL late Jan, From Hi Way Camper's in Plainfield Ct. It came off the assembly line Feb 27, and arrived Mar 12. We did the PDI Mar 13, and no problems were found. Mar 20 Hi Way Campers installed a Reese 20K 5th wheel (this is my first 5er) and I took the coach home. I loaded all my things into the coach (boy is there lots of room for stuf) and took the coach to a local campground, and have been full-timing since Mar 29th. I plan to stay here until Oct then go south for the winter. Sat Apr 12 late in the evening the lights went dim and the heat went out, the converter quit charging the batteries. Great my luck, outside temp in mid 20s, going to be a cold night. Sun morning at 8:45 I called Hi Way, Mr.Ed Riley the owner answered the phone, (the boss works on Sunday, wow) He said the service dept. did not work on Sundays, but he would try to get someone at home. 15 minutes later he called back and said someone was his way. Before 10:00 he was at the campsite with a service truck the part and 30 minutes later problem fixed. Could we call that customer service? YES. The experience, sales & service with Hi Way has been outstanding. This is the 3rd camper I have got from them since 1976. As for the Big Horn I can't tell you how much I love it. fantastic. Just like this website FANTASTIC.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the Heartland Family John. I'm sure you'll enjoy your trailer as much as we do ours. My wife is from Old Lyme, CT a bit South of you. We met while I was stationed in New London. Enjoy!

Jimmyt5

John, my converter went south on me just like you described. I plugged my BH into my truck for the night and used the power from it,which has two big batterys,and if push comes to shove I have road service for the truck. Since I was not close to getting it fixed I went to Wally World next day and bought a small battery charger and used it for two weeks till I got home and got the BH fixed ......
Just passing this on in case it comes up again...

Jim

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Wow, great service. I know how that feels. Our shower started leaking the next day after we brought it home. Called the dealer and one of the owners came out and caulked it for us. Couldn't ask for more than that.
Welcome to the Heartland family and enjoy your Bighorn
Fred and Elizabeth