Jv75353

I recently added an avatar to my profile which I expected to show up in my posts which it doesn't do. Any suggestions to correct this problem. The avatar does show up my profile so I don't think it's a size issue. Thanks in advance!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your picture is set as your profile picture.
You need to set it as your avatar picture.

Peace
Dave

Diamondjim

Cookie - what program do you use to get your pictures "small" enough to be used on your signature and avatar here?

Appreciate your time AND hand holding.:confused:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
On edit, I fixed it for you.

Peace
Dave
Dave,
(macjj) asked me about this same thing a few days ago and it slipped my mind. (crs) Could you please check it out for them? Thanks, Trace

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Cookie - what program do you use to get your pictures "small" enough to be used on your signature and avatar here?

Appreciate your time AND hand holding.:confused:
I use Windows Paint. Good for re-sizing, cropping and some other useful tools.
Right click on your picture then click "Open With", select "Paint".

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your help. How do you change (set) the picture from a profile to avatar picture? Is there something in my settings where this can be done?
I didn't change your profile picture, I copied it and set the same picture as your Avatar.
When you were wanting an avatar you must have selected "Profile Picture".
So now you have an avatar picture and a profile picture.
You can still add a signature picture and/or change your profile picture or avatar.
When you are logged in click on "Settings" at the top right of the page. Then on the left side under "Profile" you will see "Edit Profile Picture", Edit Avatar" and "Edit Signature".
Select the one you want to add to or edit.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dave,
(macjj) asked me about same thing a few days ago and it slipped my mind. (crs) Could you please check it out for them? Thanks, Trace
Trace, guide them to post #8 of this thread. I think it should help them out. If not have them send me a PM.
They have an avatar, profile picture (the same) and a signature pic.
It can all be fixed.

Peace
Dave

Diamondjim

Thanks so much.
Have it at work, did not realize it was on an older version I have at home.
Need to get busy now!

Diamondjim

Well I work PT so I can play more? High end retail jeweler.

Sent from my LG via Tapatalk

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trying to do the same thing. I can't seem to upload an Avatar. There isn't an option when I click on update that I can see.
What steps are you taking to add an Avatar?
You need to click on "Settings" at the top right of this page. Then scroll a bit and on the left side under "My Settings" you will see "Edit (or Add) Avatar"
Check the "Custom Avatar" button then select option 1 or 2.
After you enter the URL or upload an image, click "Save Changes".

Peace
Dave