First Dually

teasac69

Well I finally got tired of the rough ride on that 2500 so I bought a 3500. I've driven one plenty but never personally responsible for the maintenance. I've been told you don't rotate dually tires?? don't buy that but willing to learn at the feet of the masters again.

Also, recommended "cold" pressures are 75 front and 65 rear?? I've always run 80 lbs in my 2500.

I know you guys will be all over the board but I would like to hear from you.

grateful always for your wise counsel.

MTPockets

I don't rotate, but I do exchange front wheels side to side every 4 - 5,000 miles for even front tire wear. Rears wear evenly leaving them alone. I also keep my rears at 65psi and front at 75 per Ford recommendation. I'm happy with my ride & results.

GOTTOYS

My dually has different offsets on different wheels so they don't interchange. About all I can do is swap the tires from side to side. As far as tire pressures go, I run whatever the manufacturer states on the driver's door post sticker not what's printed on the side of the tire...This thing is wonderful for towing...Don

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I don't rotate, but I do exchange front wheels side to side every 4 - 5,000 miles for even front tire wear. Rears wear evenly leaving them alone. I also keep my rears at 65psi and front at 75 per Ford recommendation. I'm happy with my ride & results.

yeah, what he said x2

cdensomnia

I did hear that you can and should rotate the tires but it will cost you since they have to be dismounted from the wheels and swapped.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

SilverRhino

I used to rotate the tires on my Dodge dually every 7K ...... My wheels were all the same so I could do a front to back rotation and it definitely helped with tire wear.

hoefler

80 psi in the front all the time.
40 psi in the rear light load
80 psi in the rear towing heavy
Rotate every 7500 miles

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you can't rotate all six tires, what do you do if you get a flat and need the spare? Is it limited to where it can be mounted due to the wheel configuration?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I cannot swap the outside and inside rear tires as the wheels are different. To swap them they have to be removed from the wheel and remounted on the new (other) wheel. I did that once but at $75.00 for a tire rotation I have found the price doesn't match the need to do it. I run 80 psi rear and 70 psi front all of the time towing or not.

whp4262

The steel wheel spare will fit any position on the Chevy HD 3500 as well. You can also rotate the spare with either inside dual tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you have steel wheels with chrome covers. The wheels are all the same offset and you can rotate all 6 wheels. I have mine done every 6K miles. Got 30K on the OEM tires now and still have 40% tread left. If you have the aluminum wheels, that's a different story.

whp4262

On my Chevy the offset is the same but the aluminum wheels are only polished on one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
All 7 wheels on my 2009 GMC are steel and interchangeable. The chromed plastic covers fit all.