rv cover

As we await the arrival of our new BH 3600rl we are thinking about how to take care of it in storage . The June issue of Trailer Life has an article on protecting your RV with a cover and it got my interest . We plan to pull our new BH to Arizona and park it over the summer at the RV park where we spend the winter . We are concerned about the high temps and low humidity that exists during the Arizona summers and think a cover would give some protection from the sun . Has anyone had experience covering an RV of this size and are there any negatives to consider ? My main concern is the possible abrasion that is always there when you cover any thing that has a finish on it like an RV. CW sells a couple RV covers with different material options but I don't recall ever seeing one used , thats why I'm a little concernd . I would appreciate hearing what you experienced RVers think . Thanks Gene 2003 Duramax 2500HD 4x4

JER-1

I'm gonna cover mine and open roof vents with the max air vent covers on there so it will get a litle air vent maybe, and keep a small pan of kitty liter in the inside floor will absorb mositure, probaly wouldn't need it in Arizona.I beleive I would fine someone out there I could trust maybe check on it once a month look inside make sure everything is good to go, and tie it down good so as to get no loose tiedowns.
Here is a link for covers best on the market and this place is allways less expensive ,believe me I shopped and looked for weeks on internet and local this place about best yet FREE SHIPP ALSO.
http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/home.php?cat=34
Good luck
JER-1

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Gene: I cover our unit though the winter months here in NY and found no wear from the High winds and a dusty road in the spring. The unit looked like new the day I took the cover off !! Make sure you get a breathable cover.Good luck

Milder

Hello Gene,

My 2900Rk arrived this past Friday in Litchfield Park, Arizona. My wife and I also thought about a cover to protect it from the uv rays, however you may want to keep in mind the summer monsoon season brings high winds and blinding sand storms here. We visited several RV storage locations in our area, and did not find one unit that was covered. There maybe a good reason not to cover the unit!

Good Luck
Scott