Roof weight limit

Gummy

Hi everybody! I just purchased a Trail Runner TR 25 RL. This is my first travel trailer and I want to get a cover for it. Is it safe for a big guy (300lb) to walk on the roof while putting the cover on?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I think its like the ladder. 250# max, but a quick call to HL service with your VIN# and they can tell you.

'Lil Guy'

I would have a sheet of plywood split into walking runners and use it on the top. Don't stand near any openings on the roof. I'm not sure but I don't think it's a walkable roof without the plywood up there. someone else might disagree. Better safe than sorry.

JanAndBill

I've been on ours (220), no problems but I stayed away from openings and walked gingerly. The ladder on the other hand is a joke. Ours started pulling away after the first use. Now I use an extension ladder.

jhardin

I'm 298 and I've walked on mine several times to clean and reseal the the roof. I have used the ladder several times also, but after reading comments I started using extension ladder. Extension seems to feel a lot safer....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 22RK had a walkable roof . . .

I weigh 165 pounds, so no problems walking around on it.

Thought about buying a cover for it, but every one I've ever seen never lasted through the winter, so I decided not to waste the money on one.

Gummy

Thanks for the answers. I most likely will be crawling on the roof instead of walking so that will spread the weight out some anyway. I'll probably try at least one cover and see how it holds up.