Replacement red brake lens - buy online?

wgarolls

I'm the new owner of a Heartland Trail Runner 27RKS. On our most recent trip, the red lens came off the back right tail light. Of course, the dealer says you have to bring the whole thing or the other lens in to replace it, but the dealership is far and that is silly.

Can someone tell me a good source to buy replacement parts online? Surely there is a way...I've scoured the Heartland site and come up empty handed trying to find P/Ns so I can do a better Google search. I may just have to pop the other lens off to get the number and go from there. If anyone can recommend a resource I'm missing, that would be great!

Thanks,
Libby

jimtoo

Hi Libby,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You might check with any of the auto parts stores or Tractor Supply. They usually carry a pretty good supply of lens for trailers. I don't know which lamp you have, but you could take the lamp out or take the lens from another to get the correct lens when you go.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Libby,

Let me suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. There's a pretty good chance Heartland will send you a new lens.

wdk450

Look very closely at the other red lens and you should see an "SAE" (Society of Automotive Engineers) type number molded on it. For instance, my clearance light lenses have "SAE AP 01" molded into them. From that I did an internet search to find replacement lenses.