Deer crashes through front of North Trail

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Wow what a mess. Those traveling through Polk, San Jacinto, Angelina and Trinity counties need to understand there are tons of deer in these counties. I have 17 deer that show up to eat corn at my house twice a day including an 8 point buck and several 4 pointers. (cant hunt them in our subdivision). A few years ago a Trinity County Sheriff Deputy was permanently disabled when he hit a deer. Thank goodness no one was injured in this incident. Keep in mind while traveling the deer move mostly around dawn and dusk and if you see one there are probably more nearby. We try not to travel during these times. Sailor Don, don't know if you are around the Nachodoches area but there is a great RV body Shop right off US59, Atkinson Auto and RV Body Repair. They even have hookup there available. I think they are on 259.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Lots of deer in our neck of the woods, The Big Country. My folks actually hit a deer on a dark service road of I-20 a few weeks ago. Luckily they were not going too fast, and it just dented the hood and front fender. No people injuries, and deer ran off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk