Overloads for truck

osims

bsims
I ordered a set of Timbrin overloads for my truck, has anyone else used these or have any experience with them. When we traded from the 3055BH to the Landmark it added quite a bit more pin weight.

SmokeyBare

Osims,

I have installed those on my 02' Chevy. They were simple to install and do a good job for me. I didn't need the spacer that came with them because of the very well packed tool box I have behind the cab of the truck.

You will be happy to have the extra load support when towing.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have airbags on my truck. The pin weight on my Landmark is about 3600 lbs. You might weigh yours and see what it is. I know it is "pin heavy".

vangoes

I used Timbrens on my 04 ford and they did the job quite well. I now have a 08 Ford and I think I will go with the Timbrens again.

beardedone

Beardedone
How many with Landmarks had to add airbags.

I see some owners of the Landmark had to beef up their suspension, even on one ton duallies. We have a Landmark on order and just got a 08 Dodge 3500 dually. Does anyone have this set up and do they really need the air bags or other form of extra suspension.

jnbhobe

I have used timbrens and they worked well both front and rear. I now use a 4 leaf helper spring by triangle spring that works real good :)

Forrest Fetherolf

I installed airlift air bags rather than beefing up the suspension. The air bags can be deflated when not towing and the ride is normal, where as with a heavier suspension the ride and leveling the TV is not adjustable.

Forrest

Tom of Ypsi

Hi Bill,

I put Timbrens on right after we got down to "The Valley" last year. When the rally in Spring, Tx ended last fall we went and put in a 51 gallon add on tank in the bed of our truck on Monday. When we left Spring I was riding nose high so we got the Timbrens. I know this is just a band-aid fix for being overweight but at least I am not looking at the sky while going down the road. The Timbrens do make the truck ride rougher especially when I do not have fuel in my auxillary tank.

osims

bsims
Tom
I have the 75 gallon tank and toolbox combo and when i first hooked up i was touching overloads allready, we did ride home from Houston nose up. I'm going to put them on monday, then we are leaving thursday for Concan , then to New Braunfels for Mem. Day weekend, will report back in a couple of weeks.
Beardeone
I have a 1 ton Dodge dually and it squats pretty good, only had about 15 gal in aux. fuel tank. I have not weighed yet but i'm sure pin weight is well over 3K
Bill

jnbhobe

Helper Springs

Gerry, Mine only dropped a couple of inches just getting onto the helpers Ford helpers are only 250# per side the multi-leafs are 1500# per side and it dosn't change the ride at all because the helpers don't touch when there is no load on the truck. PS. I have a single leaf 1000# helper on my 2003 that works good too

SmokeyBare

If the Timbrin helpers are installed correctly... when the load is off the Truck... they do not touch the axles.... and the ride is the same as it was before.... they only come into play when the extra weight is put on the truck bed...

beardedone

Beardedone
Thanks Forrest. That is about what I thought my truck would drop but I was wondering when mention was made that one persons lights were pointed upwards because of the weight. I feel my 3500 dually should be O.K. but if I run into problems I will put on air bags. I had air bags on the Dodge I traded in but I got such a good deal on trade I just left them there. Probably wouldn't fit t he new one anyway. Thanks for your input.

Gerry

Netem

I'm looking at the Air Lift over the Firestones because of Air Lifts lifetime warrante. Does anyone have anything bad to say about Air Lift?

NewCyclone

What are Timbrens? I have been looking for something to beef up my suspension. I wanted air bags, but since I have the under bed rail system for my hitch I don't think I am able to.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
If you google Timbrens it should give you site to show and tell all about them. I have the Firestone Ride Rites and am very pleased with them. The only drawback is that you have to let the air out when you unload and re-inflate them when you hook up again. I think I will look at the Timbrens when the time comes to replace this truck. I like the idea of them only coming into play when loaded.
Fred