Residential home theater system

NHCelt

My one big concern with the Bighorn was the lack of an upgrade package for a residential dvd/soundbar or some such option. I even tried to delete the Jensen and would have just added a soundbar with bluetooth and wireless subwoofer. Outdoor and bedroom speakers not important to me, but we'll see how the Jensen does.

Geodude

The Jensen does ok, although the interface can be a bit frustrating at first because it's not very intuitive. The stock speakers aren't bad. The sub-woofer in that back cabinet can tend to get boomy quickly, and can rattle anything near it. So it takes some finesse to set up just so.

It integrates nicely with the television so that you can control pretty much everything from the one TV remote, playing music or movies off a USB drive connected to the back of the TV.

NHCelt

Thanks Geodude. I'm not interested in changing out anything that I don't have to. Is the subwoofer a Jensen?

Also, I should know the answer to this question, but how many speakers are in the living room....I just saw the two on my walk through. We purchased over the internet/ phone and my time in a heartland has been short so far.

Geodude

I'm not sure what brand of sub-woofer is in there. Our trailer is in for repairs now, but should be all fixed in a couple of weeks and back at home, so I can check then.

In the living room there are two speakers, one on each side of the Jensen unit. So no 5.1 system.

Geodude

Hi Dan - It's pretty much what they couldn't get finished on my list last time. Plus two new items -- when I got there they found a broken shock and there was a bit of a leak from the underbelly dripping onto their parking lot.

Other than that, the self-resetting circuit breaker keeps tripping when I run the landing gear or the slides. I replaced the breaker, didn't help. The service guy said there are two breakers, which I hadn't heard from reading the boards here. He also said he isn't a big fan of upping the system to run on an 80A breaker. We'll see, I guess.

The stereo has started turning itself on at random. I checked all the settings and all seems fine but they apparently have a guy who knows these systems inside out. The right side basement door leaks in the rain -- the door itself, not the seal. The door fills with water. The Bighorn logo on right/curb side cracked in two places at the “O” in Bighorn (and that's in the shade where we part it at home). The remote is intermittent (the screen often doesn't respond) and it stopped operating the the bedroom slide. It's also supposed to turn on a light but it never has, although I can hear hear clicking from the control box. And then a couple of other minor adjustments.

They gave me a decent price on a couple of vent covers and said they'd install them at no charge, so they're doing that as well.

And in other news, we decided to get an RV 760 GPS after seeing yours. I found a new one on Amazon for $319 CDN and it arrived this week. Today I'm pulling the radio in the truck to do my wire hiding routine. Then we're hopefully all set for some warm and sunshine. Granted, it's Ottawa, it's December, and yesterday I biked home from work in shorts. I could get used to that!