Landing Gear Motor Mounts

J&B

We have an BH '09 3055RL, one month old, and the landing gear motor mount broke while it was retracting. It was replaced, and the second time we went to a campground it broke again. It broke at the same place both times, the lower front corner of the mount. The service guy said he had never seen anything like that before. Has anyone else had this problem?

jnbhobe

landing gear

I had the same thing happen to our 3370BH The 3 to 1 reduction gear box broke in the retract mode. I got one from my dealer and changed it myself still don't know why it broke only used it once when we brought it home.:confused::confused:

jimtoo

You might check the bolt in the cross shaft. There have been some of them coming loose. The one on the motor side would hit the motor and very possibly could break the lower mount of the motor. Mine was loose and hitting the motor, but I caught it before it did any damage.

cjbearden

Visitor
:mad:jnphobe, we just had same thing happen to our '06 3400RL as we were preparing to leave campground in Rapid City, SD. The bolt in the cross shaft was fine. Had it looked at by repairman in Cheyenne, WY and he couldn't get the parts we needed so we made it Colorado Springs, CO and went to Camping World. Parts are on order and we are letting them do the installation. DH also finally gets the airbags for his truck!! :eek: CW has been very good to work with. HL rep was there when we pulled in so had some good conversations about our continued breakdown problems. CW was able to call HL and get all the part numbers for our rig without having to teardown everything and leave us homeless with two cats, as we are full-timers. Gear box and drive motor are being replaced as well as cleaning/packing landing gear.

Meanwhile, we have decided to stay at the Fountain, CO KOA for a month and maybe longer to enjoy this beautiful country and cooler temps. Another BH and a Landmark are here but haven't met owners yet.

jnbhobe

Landing Gear

JD, you souldn't have to replace the motor as the gear box and motor are seperate pieces,the two allen head screws take off the motor,then all you have to do is pull the pin on the cross shaft and the adapter off and the gear box slides right off. good luck its an easy job took less than 1/2 hr.:)