What's this wire for?

jb007

I have a Landmark Newport, where the shut off valve is for the ice maker, found a coiled up wire that is hot with 12 volts DC, anyone know what it be used for?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

danemayer

Assuming your cutoff is in the kitchen island, do you have island lights - maybe around the bottom trim?

jb007

Yes it is in the island, but don't see any lights, maybe an option that didn't come with the coach. Thanks, I would had never thought of lights.

jbeletti

Yes it is in the island, but don't see any lights, maybe an option that didn't come with the coach. Thanks, I would had never thought of lights.

Try the night lights. Not exactly sure on the Newport, but I think there's a switch upstairs somewhere and one on the end of the island. When on, small lights in the wall near the floor will light up. Usually one in bathroom, one in bedroom, one or two on the steps and one on each end (narrow end) of the island.

If your lights come on but not the ones on the island, I think Dan is on the right track here.

If your lights come on but there are no lights installed in the ends of the island - could be a production miss. In that case, you'd want to contact customer service (877-262-8032) to inquire if it was a miss or not. It's entirely possible that the night light feature was in its infancy and was not ready at the time your unit was produced - yet perhaps the circuit had been run.

jb007

Jim,
Thanks for the info, do have three of the small lights, two at the stairway, one in he bathroom, none in the bedroom or kitchen. The switch for these is at the main switch panel, there is a switch in the bedroom so far haven't figured out what it controls. Will be contacting customer service.