Slide Question Repost

jonesj2

We were putting the kitchen slide in on our 2009 2900MK and it started to chatter and vibrate as it was going in and out.:eek: Once it started I put some dry lube on the beams that has teeth and the pulling mechanism and lubricated the seals. It still had the chatter and vibration, does this mean the slide may be out of adjustment or I need to lubricate something else.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I would take it in to the dealer. I doubt that it is a lubrication issue. More likely it is out of adustment.
Fred

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
JIm
Ours does squeak some but does not chatter. As Fred says it might be a dealer item.
Rand

jonesj2

You both may be right, I was trying to get out of going back this time of year,I know they will be very busy.

jonesj2

Well yesterday I got under the slide and investigate a little more about the problem and found that there was large amounts of rust all over the slide mechanisms. I squirted power blaster where I saw the rust and had the wife run the slide in and out and no more chatter or viberation.

Now this is a 2009 and with large amounts of rust on frame and slide mechanisms? I have only had the 5er since January, this tells me that when they brought the trailer down from Indiana the dealer must not have cleaned the undercarrage to remove any salt from the roads. :eek:

Maybe someone from the factory will respond on how I should take care of this rust problem before it gets out of hand.:(:confused:

Shadowchek

We just picked up our new 2008 BH 3400Rl and have the same issue with rust. I bugs me to start off with rust like that. I did look under other heartland units at the dealer and they all had some rust just not as bad as ours.The hand crank tools were pretty rusty also still can't figure that one out. No problem with anything not working because of it so far though. There are a few other issues to be dealt with but over all Love the BH

jonesj2

I am like you shadowchek, brand new and large amounts of rust. This is a concern I have for down the road.

johnmart

We too own a Sundance 2900MK with a kitchen slide problem. Our slide goes out just fine, but bounces a lot when we bring it in. Also it takes two or three tries to get the slide fully in. It sounds and feels to be that the slide is under powered. I had the dealer adjust the slide, and that did not help. The dealer said that there was no problem with it and it was working just fine, but it has me worried. I have sprayed lubricant on the rails and that did not help.

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
We too own a Sundance 2900MK with a kitchen slide problem. Our slide goes out just fine, but bounces a lot when we bring it in. Also it takes two or three tries to get the slide fully in. It sounds and feels to be that the slide is under powered. I had the dealer adjust the slide, and that did not help. The dealer said that there was no problem with it and it was working just fine, but it has me worried. I have sprayed lubricant on the rails and that did not help.

We have a 2008 2900MK and are slide does the same as yours but not as bad. Going out is ok but coming in it does bounce a little we stop it when it starts to bounce and start it back up and it ok. Have seen several other 2900MK do the same thing.

fishn2dmax

It's not just Sundance with rust issues on new coaches. Crawl under any new coach delivered during the winter months and you see it on most of them. I looked at a new $60K Glendale titanium that just arrived at a dealer and I couldn't believe the amount of rust that already started under that nice coach. A lot of States including mine use salt to keep ice off the roads during winter months, it doesn't take but one trip across an a state with salted the roads to begin the rusting process on non-coated ferrous metals. I suggest spraying a light coating of silicon or other rust inhibiting ( non-dirt attracting) lubricant on the slide mechanisms.

Question?
Do any of you have with the 2900 MK have a wheel skirt flapping in the breeze problem like mine? As you know, most of the wheel skirt is on the kitchen slide and a small portion above the front most tire. When my kitchen slide is closed, the skirt doesn't line up with the rest of the skirt above the front wheel ( sits higher) and sits out from the front portion of the skirt by over an inch? I noticed it flapping in the breeze going down the road, so I had the dealer add re-inforcing on the slide skirt, but it still doesn't line up / mate properly with frontal portion of the skirt that is not on the slide ( looks bad). I believe this is could be fixed with proper slide alignment, but the dealer said it would be a real PITA and doesn't want to adjust the slide alignment ( up or down)? Does your 2900 MK kitchen slide wheel skirt align properly? I need to know if my dealer is blowing smoke up my a)).

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Question?
Do any of you have with the 2900 MK have a wheel skirt flapping in the breeze problem like mine? As you know, most of the wheel skirt is on the kitchen slide and a small portion above the front most tire. When my kitchen slide is closed, the skirt doesn't line up with the rest of the skirt above the front wheel ( sits higher) and sits out from the front portion of the skirt by over an inch? I noticed it flapping in the breeze going down the road, so I had the dealer add re-inforcing on the slide skirt, but it still doesn't line up / mate properly with frontal portion of the skirt that is not on the slide ( looks bad). I believe this is could be fixed with proper slide alignment, but the dealer said it would be a real PITA and doesn't want to adjust the slide alignment ( up or down)? Does your 2900 MK kitchen slide wheel skirt align properly? I need to know if my dealer is blowing smoke up my a)).

I`ll post you a picture of are kitchen slide-out and how it is lined up this weekend

Netem

Fishn2dmax, I took the front part of the fender skirt loose and re-alined it the best I could. Its alot better and I have the gap down to about a 1/2 " . I haven't noticed it flapping in the breeze, will have to check it out next time its out.

buckeyebob

mine doesnt line up perfectly,however i have only been on the road 1 time ,so the flapping hasnt been noticed yet.my complaint is the rear kitchen slide skirt rubs the slide bracket on the inside.this is making dings in aluminum!!!dealer told me to put rubber between !@!!!i would like to grind off a half inch or so on the end of the bracket.that would involve taking skirt off etc,and why should i have to do it?i also dont want to lose camping time while having it done .i just got rid of a 07 zeppelin and it took 2 years to have it fixed ,over and over!!!!so far i like the unit a lot other than small issues.sorry i got so long in the post!!! bob