Anyone Replaced RV Fridge with a Residential?

BBslider001

I am so tired of the crappy Dometic frost-every-two-weeks-poor-performance fridge that comes in these trailers. We have a 2011 Sundance and I am seriously considering putting in an apartment fridge and being done with it. I did this to the last RV we owned and loved it. The apartment style fridge fit right in the space where the crappy Dometic was. It cooled much better and never had frost as it behaves just like a normal house fridge. Has anyone else done this? We never dry camp, so having the LP option is no big deal to us. Any input appreciated.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There was at least one owner that did just that. If you do a search, you may find their story. Part of the problem, depending on the model of trailer, is finding something that will fit the space. It is something I've considered, should our fridge bite the big one.

BBslider001

Thanks so much guys! I'll look at the thread. The last one I did was an "apartment size". I'll see what I can come up with. On a side note, I am still not sure why the RV world has not come up with a better solution for this ongoing issue with many full timers.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks so much guys! I'll look at the thread. The last one I did was an "apartment size". I'll see what I can come up with. On a side note, I am still not sure why the RV world has not come up with a better solution for this ongoing issue with many full timers.

Probably because they'd like to sell you a new rig with a residential fridge already installed for $$$$.