Removing Refrigerator

busted2341

Has anyone attempted to or actually pulled out the full size refrigerator to get to the back water line? Another leak discovered behind the fridge and looks like I will have to remove the fridge....I don't want to tear up the slide or floor????

Last edited by a moderator:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Removing Refridgerator

Are you referring to a residential refrigerator? Haven't pulled one out, but I put one in my trailer in place of the propane one. Took three of us to lift/push it in place. Be careful. We did put a small tear in the vinyl flooring. Wasn't a big deal. We're replacing the flooring in the Spring anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osims

bsims
Re: Removing Refridgerator

I changed out my residential refrigerator, I layed 3 2x4s flat on the floor and put a piece of 3/4 plywood on top of them, this was the same height as the slide out them put cardboard over finished wood and rolled it out, not easy but doable. Just be glad you don't have to take it out the door. Good luck.

busted2341

Thanx....I'm gonna make sure the repair guy does that. 2x4 and plywood then cover...good idea...

TxCowboy

I'm going to tag along here because this is a recent thread.

Apparently, I'm not smart enough to get this res style fridge out of my LM Key West slide. I found the four long screws and the thin piece of trim at the base but can't seem to find what might be holding it in place in the rear.

Above the fridge and about half way back to the rear wall is a piece of trim work attached to the two door cabinet. This piece of trim work is NOT attached to the fridge and it is NOT screwed into the two door cabinet (at least, it's not attached from the inside of the cabinet).

Am I just not pulling hard enough on the refrigerator or am I missing one or more attaching points somewhere that may be holding the fridge in place?

I don't want to break anything but I need to get this fridge out so I can get the ice maker replaced.

Help!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

We just finished installing our Frigidaire residential....DH and I we're easily able to move it in and out of the space. Just put some cardboard on the floor and on the slide edge. We pushed up just to the edge of the slide, tilted it forward and rolled it back...as it clears the slide, life the front up. Taking it out is the reverse process.

busted2341

Got everything fixed with the fridge. Easy to get the fridge out but a nightmare to get it back in. Discovered that in the factory install it was off the tracks and had DUG into the tracks which comes back to the posts I have don about the QA. I sure hope Jim or Heartland in general are paying attention to us out here. After we got it back in place and reset, level where it is supposed to be doors now opened all the way etc....Hope all my leaks are done forever!

EPaulikonis

I'm also looking to replace the refrigerator water line and am curious who else has already done this mod. Looking to see if I should change out the line from the fridge to the 3-way valve on the frame under the slide or replace the line all the way from the refrigerator to the shutoff valve under the sink. Input from the experts appreciated. Thanks.

busted2341

I can tell you that I replaced the little crappy line with residential line out from the fridge to the belly where it connected. An easy fix, piece of mind and would have cost heartland less then a couple dollars in the long run to do that instead of the little line that cracks and breaks, especially after the install just crimps the water line and causes them to leak. I would bet they spend more in those line leak repairs under warranty then it would have cost in this pricy rig to do it right. I fear my leaks are not done. Why Heartland also runs that little line outside and down the frame for about 3 feet is till a mystery.

danemayer

I can tell you that I replaced the little crappy line with residential line out from the fridge to the belly where it connected. An easy fix, piece of mind

Is your new water line designed to freeze without being damaged? If not, you should evacuate the water line before temperatures drop below freezing.

EPaulikonis

Thanks. Figure it's easy enough to replace the line from the fridge to the frame, but I was leery about busting into the bottom of the rig trying to figure out how to replace the line from the frame to the under sink valve connection. I've seen several posts about water leaks, but nobody ever seemed to specify if it was just the moving parts of the line under and through the slide or the more stable pieces of the connection from the frame to the shutoff valve under the sink.

I can tell you that I replaced the little crappy line with residential line out from the fridge to the belly where it connected. An easy fix, piece of mind and would have cost heartland less then a couple dollars in the long run to do that instead of the little line that cracks and breaks, especially after the install just crimps the water line and causes them to leak. I would bet they spend more in those line leak repairs under warranty then it would have cost in this pricy rig to do it right. I fear my leaks are not done. Why Heartland also runs that little line outside and down the frame for about 3 feet is till a mystery.