Plumbing leak

DJBirk

While flushing the black tank on our Bighorn 3055 my wife noticed water on the floor near the entry door. The pool of water got bigger the longer I flushed the tank. I immmediately shut off the water supply and removed the curbside access panel in the basement to expose the plumbing and electrical components in that location. Water was found to be leaking from a supply line to the black tank only when the water source to the flushout was turned on. As the water pooled on the floor in the access area it made it's way under the wall in the fuse and circuit breaker area were we could see it on the floor. The line that is leaking disappears up the curbside wall into an area completely inaccessable without removing a panel from inside the small closet by the front wall and maybe not even then. Has anyone had this happen and does anyone know where this line terminates? And why does it go up the wall and not down toward the black tank? When the system is pressurized for normal use the leak does not appear with or without water running.
:confused:

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
There is a thread on this, recently. That is the vacuum valve for the black water flush. Do a search and you will find a thread that tells how to fix this. I would take it back to the dealer and let them deal with it. I was lucky with mine. It just locked up and wouldn't let any water through. The dealer fixed mine and it now works as advertised.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We had that happen last year. It turned out to be a valve in the flushout line that was put in backwards. Dealer fixed it and no problems since.
Kristy

DJBirk

I didn't think it would be something I could fix myself, but at least now I have some info for the dealer. I also looked for the other thread on this subject and couldn't find it. We have a 2006 model and up to this point we have had no plumbing issues. Thanks for the help

Rickhansen

The line and valve were just stuck up between the studs in my 3670. When I had this problem, I just pulled the lines down out of the wall back into the basement "mechanical" space, removed and verified the operation and direction of the check valve/ vacuum breaker assembly, reinstalled it and checked for leaks and then slid it back up into the wall space. It has been fine since.