Mysterious Thump Noise This Morning

wdk450

I was sitting in the living room this morning eating breakfast and watching the news, when I heard a loud, distinctive,"THUMP" from the rear of the trailer. "What the heck was that", I wondered? I went outside and found 4 deer - 1 buck and 3 does. It looked like the does were looking for acorns, and the buck was trying to control the does. I guess it is "that time of year" for the deer, and one of them must have been running, and ran into the Bighorn.

wdk450

This morning's snafu - outside thermometer reads 28 degrees, no water for instant oatmeal (until I turned on the internal fresh water tank pump). Usually I watch out for this and run a "trickle" faucet overnight, but I must have been in "excess turkey brain fog" last night.

Maybe I should start a blog. "RVing Mishaps"

Mrsfish

This is much better than the story I never told of waking up in the wee hours of the morning because a cow was scratching her back on our hitch pin....

buddyboy

Ann, I like that story. I'd expect rambunctious deer, but an itchy cow - not so much! Our best wildlife story (really lame) was the night that squirrels decided that our roof was the perfect elevated freeway between 2 trees. Long night, don't the little rodents ever sleep?

Mrsfish

This one is king...several years ago we traveled with a truck and cab over camper. Often times pulling our boat to the lakes. We usually traveled with really good friends who had the same set up. Well...other husband couldn't go one Friday, so my brave husband said 'no problem!' I'll take the 2 wife's, 4 boys (age 10-14) and the dog(German Shepard)and we'll go up on Friday and you join us onSaturday. We're half way to our destination in a VERY remote section of road(top of the world, az- real place!!) when we had a blowout. For whatever reason we didn't have a spare. This was before cell phones, so my friend and I go to the closest house, borrow phone and call for tow truck. Because there are 6 of us, tow truck tpdriver calls sheriff. Sheriff takes wife's and kids to motel, tow truck takes husband, dog, truck and boat to tire place to spend the night and get new tire in morning. Little did husband realize, driver had dropped him off under a billboard sign. All night long the pigeons would land on the cab over where my husband was squeezed on the dinette/bed with a full grown German Shepard and yes, all night long the dog barked and growled at the pigeon feet on the roof!!! Just thinking of this story still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about the 'pigens'....good end to the story though. We made it to the lake, had called the tire company/store that sold us the tires...they paid for the tow, the hotel, the breakfast out, the new tire and sent a driver up the next day with a matching tire and rim since my husband drove with oversized tires.