BIG leap!

RottsNScotts

Well, I did it! My last day of work will be 12/2. Won't be on the road until the house sells - it got listed 3 weeks ago and last week started getting some return shoppers! - but I can now concentrate on getting the Cyclone set up and the detached garage emptied!

I have been living in the trailer in my driveway for almost a month. Since I work nights and sleep in the day, there was no way to show the house much less keeping it show-worthy with the dogs going in and out, especially this time of year! I still use the bathroom and kitchen in the house for all water needs so I don't have to worry about dumping but everything else, I do in the trailer so I am really getting an idea of trailer living and using all the systems. Next system on the list to try is the generator!

I did lose my Scottie Buster the beginning of October due to lymphoma. We miss him a lot but Abby and Boomer are doing great! Can hardly wait to have free time so I can really dedicate time to getting my bad dog Boomer trained!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and hope to see you out there really soon!

Janet, Abby and Boomer

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Janet, CONGRATULATIONS!! Based on my experience, retirement is the best phase of life. So sorry about Buster. Hope you have wonderful holidays and that the house sells soon. See you down the road.

If you are in WA in July, consider the rally Anacortes.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations on the BIG leap! We are excited for you and wish we were at that point in our lives. As Doug said, please join us at the Washington Rally in Anacortes followed the next weekend with the Oregon Rally in Silverton with a big Heartland Caravan in between! We would love to have you.

We are so sorry for your loss of your baby Buster!! Its a shame that he will not be there to experience this phase of your life. Cherish the memories of him and realized that Abby and Boomer will gladly step up and help fill his shoes (paws).

Rod

RottsNScotts

Thanks Rod! I am at work now and definitely feeling the "short timers' syndrome"! LOL I have Sunday-Monday off then come back for Tuesday-Wednesday. I rove on Tuesday so that will be my "farewell tour" of the Medical Center. While I won't miss the job, I will miss some of the people I work with.

One of my (spoiled) co-workers was really funny; he asked me what goodies I was bringing in on my last day! Sgt did say he was going to buy pizza. Of course that was before I will see him Tuesday and give him a REALLY bad time - he is a Cougar working for UW and you KNOW what happened at the Apple Cup Friday! VBEG!

I can hardly wait to have the time, energy and attitude to get Boomer working!

Thanks again!
Janet, Abby and Boomer

RottsNScotts

On my last shift now! Can hardly wait!

Had a full price offer on my house this morning. Buyer got slightly cold feet this evening; will hear one way or the other tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Dean-Pam

Congrats on all fronts. We retired two years ago and have not regretted it on bit. We are not full timers, but call ourselves "any timers".

'Lil Guy'

congrats on your milestone and good luck on your transition. I'm in the same process right now and it's a little stressful.. I think the hardest part is downsizing, decluttering or whatever you call it in order to put the house on the market. We'll list ours after the 1st. Again, congrats and enjoy.

RottsNScotts

Sale fell through. :-( Buyer chickened out because of my "bad" neighborhood! REALLY?????

Good news side is that I do not now have to go into mad woman mode in order to get the big garage cleaned out, stuff to trash, donate and storage and get the trailer out of the driveway all in 3 weeks!

I can move at a leisurely "retired" mode which is good because I am TIRED! VBG