LED stair accent lighting

rmathews

I'm in my 2nd day of camping in my 2016 Bighorn 3585RL and loving the coach!

Question: has anyone installed LED accent lighting under the front of the stairs heading up to the bedroom? It looks like one could use the outside entry light rocker switch near the steps to power them on and off. Looks very easy to do - but wanted to see if anyone has done this and could provide suggestions.
I think the LED lights could be possibly hot glued or stapled to the underside of the steps.

This would compliment the under the island LED lighting.

Thanks in advance!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds like a good idea.
Rather than using an existing switch why not just add another switch dedicated to your indoor steps.
There are plenty of places to find 12 volts.
I would opt for staples rather than hot glue.
Pictures when you get it done.

Peace
Dave

TxCowboy

You may be able to use the design and even the hardware that is installed in the newer Landmarks. There's a switch at the bottom of the stairs and another rocker switch in the bathroom (top of the stairs).

DW and I really love this feature and the bluish color of the lighting, particularly at night. :)

rmathews

I found LED light strip mounting brackets that look like they will work. Bought the LED light strip. I removed the 4 screws that hold the back wall up in the storage bay - and wow - amazing access to the water heater, furnace, power panel, and under the stairs .....huge space to work in. This will make the job of wiring up much easier! I'll post before and after pictures when completed.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
I'm using the LED motion activated light strip that I got from Amazon for about $10. These work great in a number of places in and in the compartments under the rig.