Tie down replacement - Road Warrior

Nbomar

I broke a tie down and don't see right off how to replace it. Anyone know? The floor part is fine, the D ring tore in half it looks like. I need to use it this weekend so I'm in sort of a rush to get it fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if cyclones and other toy haulers have the same tie downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Northern Tool or about any good hardware store will have them. The hard part is getting to the nuts under the trailer to unbolt the old one. They are bolted thru the frame (according to literature)

Nbomar

I stopped by storage today to refresh my memory on the tie downs. Mine have three Phillips head screws on the top side. I don't see how you would ever get to the back of them. There is a steel plate across the back of the trailer and I looked in the storage box on the inside and it doesn't go far enough side to side to see the back side of the screws. I guess I will try taking the screws out and see what happens. Hopefully there isn't a fastner on the back that falls off when I undo it.

whp4262

I stopped by storage today to refresh my memory on the tie downs. Mine have three Phillips head screws on the top side. I don't see how you would ever get to the back of them. There is a steel plate across the back of the trailer and I looked in the storage box on the inside and it doesn't go far enough side to side to see the back side of the screws. I guess I will try taking the screws out and see what happens. Hopefully there isn't a fastner on the back that falls off when I undo it.

They are just self tapping screws into the metal frame, no fasteners on the back.