Schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

creeper

I have a 3400RL and would like a copy of the electrical wiring, plumbing, audio schematics. Are they located online somewhere I can download them?

tcbrady

Manufactures don't typically supply this information as it not that detailed, think of it as not getting the same information from a home builder.
Is there something specifically we can help with? Other forum members might be able to help with any type of questions you have about the wiring/plumbing.
Let us know...

creeper

With my class A I called fleetwood for my plumbing, wiring, etc schematics for my 1994 pace Arrow. This was in 2004 and they sent me copies of each.

I like to have them on hand as the warranty only lasts so long after that I do all my own repairs.

It also helps when I do mods as I know what pipe/wires/cables goes where.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
I'm with Creeper, I would like to have schematics on my '09 3600RE for the same reason. When out of warranty I will do all my own repairs and any mods I would like to make now. Sure could save a lot of problems by knowing where everything is run underneath and in the walls and ceiling. As far as home builders, they do supply a set of blue prints, at least all around here do. I have a complete set to my house that includes electrical, plumbing, central air and heat, everything.

dtomlinson

Creeper,
I agree with you. I owned 6 class As from Winnebago and I was able to obtain plumbing, electrical and other drawings from them and they were very helpful in repairs and modifications to my units. I think Heartland would do well to make these available if they are interested in repeat customers.

creeper

As far as home builders, they do supply a set of blue prints, at least all around here do. I have a complete set to my house that includes electrical, plumbing, central air and heat, everything.

Ditto, the first thing I asked for was a copy of the blue prints, which really weren't blue. :)...

Shows me the electrical wire runs and plumbing.

The sound and audio guys drew me up a set before I closed on the house.

Heartland has to have them laying around. I'm sure the employees aren't doing their own way.

If you want to mail me a set I'll put them on PDF and host them if you want.

Triber

Triber

I have an '09 Big Horn 3670RL and I also want schematics for my unit. I don't know why this is classified information from the factory.
Specifically, I want to install my Prosine 2.0 Pure sine wave inverter from my old unit into this unit. The inverter is basically designed for 30 amp single phase. My Big Horn has 50 amp service which uses the 240 input split into two 120 legs which each supply half of the panel. The problem is that if I only use one leg to sense shore power at the inverter, when it switches to invert mode, only half of my panel will have power. I have already installed my solar panels and my battery array (4 6V ,220 amp hour cap) The solar system works perfectly but I want to ensure that my inverter is wired into the system correctly. I contacted Xantrex and downloaded their schematic for wiring the Prosine 2.0 into a 50 amp system but it does not show details of the connectins at the inverter. It shows three wires, in and three out. The rub is that the inverter only hs two wires in and two out (single phase) so I need to know how to do this.
Anyone else had this experience? How did you resolve it?

Thanks,
Triber

A full set of scematics would be nice. I am a builder, when we complete a project we hand the owner a complete set of as builts drawings and shop drawings for their future use. We just purchased and received our BH 3580RL last week and I have questions on a fews things that these would answer. We are loving our new 5ver though. K

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I was disappointed when I did not get drawings on my 3055. My old airstream came with a manual that showed the entire setup for the trailer. In excrutiating detail, it laid out every wire, color, and location for the entire thing.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Not sure but if you have a specific issue or need information on a specific system in your 5er ask on this forum and you can get an answer. That is the beauty of this forum.

sasha_j

Heartland does not supply schematics with our units. Sorry.

May I ask why not?

I can see not giving them away for free, as the information is valuable. When you buy a new car, you get an owners manual for free, but the service manual with all the detailed schematics is always available for purchase.

Why should an RV be any different?

sasha_j

Heartland does not supply schematics with our units. Sorry.

Also, from the viewpoint of full time RV'ers like us, the chances are very likely that after the warranty has expired, we will do all our own servicing as we won't be anywhere remotely near the selling dealer.

Having schematics would be very helpful to that end, self-sufficiency. No reason to give them away either. Make it a new profit center. Those that do their own work can buy their own service manuals and those that rely on dealers can continue to do so.

I have to agree with the others. I am sure there is literature and documentation available to service technicians about the product. Why not allow the customer who may have to perform their own maintenance have access to them. I would be happy to pay cost price for them.

Also, from the viewpoint of full time RV'ers like us, the chances are very likely that after the warranty has expired, we will do all our own servicing as we won't be anywhere remotely near the selling dealer.

Having schematics would be very helpful to that end, self-sufficiency. No reason to give them away either. Make it a new profit center. Those that do their own work can buy their own service manuals and those that rely on dealers can continue to do so.

Exactly. Why keep them a secret? Why not make them available to the customer? Do service technicians have to work blindly? I think not. I will be performing my own maintenance and having "scats" would make this so much easier. The answer " We do not provide" is really a pretty poor answer. No one is asking for them to be "supplied". We are asking to make them available.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Closing Thread

Ok, Folks this thread is starting to go no where, therefore I am closing this thread.

If you have any additional suggestions about the factory's decision in this matter I suggest you directly contact Heartland.

Thanks for you understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.