does the water pump run all the time

mrrocko

in a rv park with city water plenty of water but no water flow. one daythey had to shut off thewater for the day so i filled the fresh water tank and tried to use the normal setting in udc i cannot get any water to flow. i can hear the water pump running in udc when i turn on the switch on control panel but no flow and the pump is running all the time even when i am not using any water i do not see any switch in udc for pump thanks

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The only pump switch in my '14 Bighorn is inside the coach's cabinet labeled as water pump. No switch in the UDC.
BTW- the water pump works when the 4-way valve is in the city position. I never change the switch setting when going between city water and my fresh water tank.
Sounds to me like your 4-way valve is faulty or there is no water in your fresh tank if the valve is set to normal and the pump is running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danemayer

If the valve is set to NORMAL and the pump is running, but no water is coming out, you probably have air leaking into the input side of the water pump. You'll have to take down the rear wall of the pass through storage next to the UDC to examine the pump fittings. Might just be loose. Also take a look at the clear plastic filter bowl to make sure it's tight and not cracked.

It's also possible that there's a problem at the 4 way valve. You might try rotating the valve to see if there's an alignment issue.

mrrocko

thanks for the help fresh water is tank is filled i can hear the water going into the tank. it appears the four way valve is in alignment because it is working on the poper settings. i am beting their is something wrong with the pump since i have some major problems with this big horn 2016 from the factory so i go back to trouble shooting problems i hope it is just some air in the system thanks for the answers

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
thanks for the help fresh water is tank is filled i can hear the water going into the tank. it appears the four way valve is in alignment because it is working on the poper settings. i am beting their is something wrong with the pump since i have some major problems with this big horn 2016 from the factory so i go back to trouble shooting problems i hope it is just some air in the system thanks for the answers

Not sure how you can hear water going into the tank. I can hear the water flowing through my valve but actually going into the tank??? Did you crawl underneath and open the drain valve for a few seconds to ensure the water made it into the tank and it's not pooled up in the underbelly from a broken water line??
Like Dan says you may have to drop the basement wall to investigate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KFPD404

I am surely not trying to insult . But there have been many that thought they were filling the freshwater tank , but were instead putting water in the black tank flush . Open you low point drain for freshwater tank make sure you have water in it .

TedS

Make sure the winterizing valve is closed. The valve where you connect to draw antifreeze into the system.

mrrocko

my fresh water tank was filled i know this because i drained it before moving to san diego. i can hear the water pump humming but it does not supply water to the trailer might be air not the winterizing value guess just bad water pump

TedS

Check the suction side of the pump for loose fittings where air may be drawn in. Don't discount the possibility that the antifreeze intake valve may be open.