Leaky Shower (no caulking)

Leaky shower

We have taken our new GodenGate out 2 times and have trouble with water leaking out of the shower. The last time out I check ever closy and found that there is no calking anywhere around the shower door. I have calked the whole door assy and it should be good now.

I also founf that there is no calk around the bath room counter, which I also calked. I realy think that there should be a back splash around this counter, but the factory says they do use them. I made one from wood and installed it.

Has anyone else had these problems?

I have been busy making some changes to it so it will be ready to go fulltime in April.

We realy do like this unit so far.

BigBlue

BigBlue
Our dealer said they have to caulk the shower in every Landmark they receive. We had to take it back once to get it completely sealed. Certainly seems like the factory needs to change something in their installation practices.

bking

The corner between our Golden Gate's bathroom sink counter and the walls were caulked with clear sealant when we took delivery. I don't know if the factory or the dealer did this.

As for the shower, we haven't noticed any problems with water leaking onto the floor except when we open the shower door. Water appears to drip/run from the channel on the inside bottom of the shower door. I'll check our GG for caulk around the door the next time we're in it.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

My shower also leaked when I took delivery. The bottom track was not chaulked very well, especially in the corners. The counter tops also needed to be chaulked. Be sure you only use pure silicon (clear) on the tops, since they are either granite or corian, and remember that silicon does not clean up with water. So place it carefully and spread it a little with your finger.

Cheryl

Ditto on the shower leak. A little caulk in the bottom corner (hinge side) fixed it.