Mattress replacement

Jimnkarens

We are fulltimers. Our one year old king mattress need replacing. Can anyone recommend a really great mattress and dealer?

jimtoo

Hi Karen and Jim,

I purchased one from Lasting Impressionson on the recommendation from some others and we really like it. We got the 10" and it is nice and firm, yet very comfortable.

Jim M

danemayer

X2 on Lasting Impressions Foam. We have the 12" in the RV and a regular King from them in the house.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Hey Dan: are these mattress hot to sleep on? I tried one memory foam and my body heat was to excessive to get any sleep.

danemayer

Hey Dan: are these mattress hot to sleep on? I tried one memory foam and my body heat was to excessive to get any sleep.

Hi Garry,

The early memory foam mattresses had a reputation for being hot. The foam wouldn't dissipate body heat very well. There have been several design approaches to fix that problem and I think most if not all memory foam mattresses produced over the past 5 years or so have the new designs. Some of the designs rely on cell structure, some on beads that carry heat, some with channels in the foam. There are probably other approaches as well.

Here's what Lasting Impressions has on their FAQ page:
Will memory foam make me hot?
Lasting Impressions Foam (Kool Comfort) is made with the latest manufacturing technology, so all of our memory foam products have “open cells.” Open cells are designed to encourage air flow. Open cells dissipate the heat released by your body and head during sleep. Unlike the memory foam products of years ago (which had tighter, closed cells that did retain heat), today’s Lasting Impressions Foam (Kool Comfort) products are temperature neutral.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Dan: Thanks...I may look into them for the new Sundance...the prices listed on the lasting impressions site I thought were very reasonable.

Mburtsvt

I'll let you know in a few weeks. We got the Sleep Number RV from CW last week. It was almost $500 off. We have a Sleep Number at home and love it.

danemayer

Dan: Thanks...I may look into them for the new Sundance...the prices listed on the lasting impressions site I thought were very reasonable.

Lasting Impressions has good pricing and fast delivery. They have a good return policy, but you should be aware that once you unpack a king size foam mattress and let it expand, it'll probably be impossible to repack it for return. So there's a certain amount of risk that you'll be stuck with it whether you like it or not. With a local purchase, at least you have an opportunity to try it out.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We love our sleep number bed, got it a few years ago. Now as full timers, it's difficult to sleep on a standard mattress and get a good night's sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gasman

Camp Socializer
We use a standard queen Sleep Number mattress and love it. The standard residential mattress is less expensive than the RV version and works perfectly.

Chippendale

Lasting Impressions has good pricing and fast delivery. They have a good return policy, but you should be aware that once you unpack a king size foam mattress and let it expand, it'll probably be impossible to repack it for return. So there's a certain amount of risk that you'll be stuck with it whether you like it or not. With a local purchase, at least you have an opportunity to try it out.

Several years ago, ordered a memory foam for the sticks and bricks and it was horrible. Called for permission to return it and they issued credit and called a local charity to come pick it up. No problem for me. More than likely if a guarantee is offered that is how they will handle it. They don't want used mattresses. I guess you could ask when you place the order.

VKTalley

Several years ago, ordered a memory foam for the sticks and bricks and it was horrible. Called for permission to return it and they issued credit and called a local charity to come pick it up. No problem for me. More than likely if a guarantee is offered that is how they will handle it. They don't want used mattresses. I guess you could ask when you place the order.

A little note on getting rid of a mattress...most charities will NOT accept mattresses now.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We didn't care for the mattress that came in ours - not firm enough. We added a 3 in gel infused memory foam topper and now it is nearly perfect (in our humble opinion). Because of the size difference between the "home" king and the RV king I had to cut about 3 inches off the width of the topper. Scratched my head for a while and ended up using an electric knife. Worked like a champ.

B

BouseBill

Instead of opening another thread I'll jump on this one, we decided to order the Lasting Impressions mattress, I first tried calling the # on their web page and connected to their voice mail. I had a few questions, but I went ahead and ordered the mattress on-line. I wanted additional information on their pillows. Two days now and no answers on their phone line, goes straight to voice mail.
Sounds strange to me,

Anyway, has any members of the forum ordered their pillows, and what do you think of them?

Larry&LyndaSmith

Past New Mexico Chapter Leaders
I attempted calling and emailing with no response for two weeks. We went and purchased from our local Tempurpedic store. We also purchased two pillows from My Pillow.com which are fantastic. Lasting Impressions is a small company which is a father/daughter operation. Their lack of response made me to nervous to do business with them. Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We ordered the 12 in RV queen a couple of weeks ago from them online due to the opinion of folks commenting here. Showed up at our door 3 days later. Very comfy!!