Backup Camera on Ford Super Duty

shelsay

On our 2016, you can disable it by pushing the down button on the round pad on the left side of the steering wheel and then push OK. You will need to do this with the truck in reverse and each time you want to disable it.

Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
In our 2014 Ram truck, there is a button labeled "P" that I can press to disable the chimes for the back up camera. I'm assuming that Ford has something similar but you know what assuming can get ya.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
On my 2016 Ram there is a button next to the exhaust brake that you push to disable this function. Also on the computer screen, you can go to settings and program this function when you don't want it to work as well.

Edit...I should have said this function is to turn off the sound....on the computer screen you can set the camera's off as well...there on two on this model, back up and bed camera. These cameras also work when driving, you do not have to be in reverse, just hit an icon on the computer screen and look behind you while driving...but that doesn't sound real safe....

pegmikef

On my 2013 when I put it in reverse the back up camera displays a picture on the center screen and on the mini screen in front of the steering wheel, it says park assist on. You can arrow down to "off" on the keypad on the left side of the steering wheel and press ok. The chimes will stop, but the picture remains. The chimes aren't really associated with the camera because the camera is optional while the park assist feature is standard (I think).

porthole

Retired
It should stay off until you go back into park.
Once off, it should be slient while you do your back and forth.

And at night, it may help to turn off the display while backing with the trailer. Wish there was a simple option to turn off the back up lights when connected to the trailer.