TV antennae

Capt7383

What are the recommendations for a replacement tv antennae on my 2014 big country 3070re. I was thinking about King Jack. I am looking for easy install and of course improved reception over the factory antennae. Will I have to run power to the roof?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Gizzy

I replaced the bat wing with a jack antenna a few years ago and have no regrets. It works much better. I just bought the head, removed the bat wing and attached the Jack. Took less than 5 minutes.

GOTTOYS

I have a Jack antenna head on my original mast. I think it works better than the old wing that it came with. Plus I can crank it down so it sits lower than the self contained Jack that requires a complete installation on the roof. But...the main reason I changed was the rattle and vibration I got from my old antenna when the wind blew. Even when it was cranked down it drove us nuts at night when we went to bed. Now all that's gone...Don

gasman

Camp Socializer
I opted to go big or go home. I removed the batwing completely and installed the complete Jack antenna. It does indeed sit up a little higher on the roof but it is still lower than the AC unit. It has an additional booster in it and also has a signal meter so you can find the strongest signal as you rotate it. No guesswork!! I love it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I replaced the batwing on our previous Heartland Trail Runner with the KingJack antenna head, and moved it to our new Prowler!

Hooks up in less than five minutes and uses the already installed antenna amp!

It is awesome!

RifleCO2014-IMG_2931.jpg TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095204779.jpg JackTVup-IMG_3935.jpg JackTVup-IMG_3936.jpg JackTVdown-IMG_3934.jpg ProwlerBlueMesa-P1000712.jpg ProwlerAtMountaindale-P1000126.jpg ProwlerBVKOAsunrise-P1000424.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We replaced our batwing antennae with the Winnegard Razor. It is very low profile and automatic. Press the button and it will find the stations. It works great and we don't have to remember to lower it. It looks very much like a small very low profile covered satellite dish. We love it. Receives HD stations too.

Dynatrak

We replaced the batwing on our last camper with the King Jack head only. It works better than the batwing for UHF channels but some DTV channels are still on the upper VHF band and the Batwing was better for those channels. The majority of DTV channels are UHF so overall the King Jack is better.

Randy