Shelving Project (LR and KIT)

jbeletti

I added a shelf in the long cabinet over my sofa in the slide and in the long cabinet over the sink in the other slide.

The interior width of the cabinet over the sofa was about 44". I added a full length, full-depth shelf to it.

The interior width of the cabinet over the sink was similar, though I did not measure it. I added a half-length, half-depth shelf to it on the right-side opening.

Installed them today. I think they will work great. Pics attached.

Attachments

• LR_1.jpg
    LR_1.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 326
  • LR_2.jpg
    LR_2.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 333
  • LR_3.jpg
    LR_3.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 342
  • KIT_1.jpg
    KIT_1.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 322
  • KIT_2.JPG
    KIT_2.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 311
  • KIT_3.jpg
    KIT_3.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 340
  • KIT_4.jpg
    KIT_4.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 313

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Nice job Jim. By the way, did you create a lip on the front of those shelves so things do not slip over the edge?

Later dude,

jbeletti

Thanks Mark. No, no lip yet. I cut all the wood at the trailer with a battery powered Dewalt circular saw and didn't feel I could cut me a nice thin edge with it. We will add that grippy shelf paper to it and see how it goes the first trip. With a single layer of plastic glasses up there, they just may stay put. If not, rather than cutting and staining a thin front edge, I may cheat and try to obtain a pre-finished trim piece from Heartland.

K

Ken Washington

Jim,
Nice job! I would put the edge on it. I do not believe the glasses will stay on the shelf.
Ken

jbeletti

Good thinking John. I could do that for the front-to-back dimension but not the long (~44") side-to-side dimension as I'd need to go the full length and on the other side is a tall coffee maker and spice carousel. But you ahve got me thinking on this. Thanks.

Jim