Do we have a bad converter?

bullenv

Disconnect the white wire and the converter shows 13.3, connect the white wire and the reading is 3.3? Any comments?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Where are you checking that voltage? At the battery
If you check at the battery with the converter on and it shows 13.3 vdc then it is fully charged or being charged by the converter.
If you disconnect and the battery shows 3.3 then it is dead.
If you are checking the wires from the converter then it is not sending a charge, meaning nothing is calling for a charge.
How old is your battery?

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
So let me get this straight on my end here.
With the cables connected to the battery you get 3.3 volts and with them disconnected you are seeing 13.3?
Is the white cable attached to the - anode and the red to the + anode?

Peace
Dave

bullenv

With the 2 cables connected to the converter, the reading is 3.3 at the converter and battery. Disconnect the white ground cable and the reading is 13.3 at the converter.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What is the voltage at the battery with the cables disconnected?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Can you be more specific.

Where are you placing the meter leads when taking a reading at the converter, both with the white wire connected, and disconnected.

What exact voltage are you reading at the battery terminals (with all wires connected at the converter), both with the battery terminal wires connected, and disconnected.

bullenv

meters leads are place on red anode with red wire on read both white anode
i get 13.3 when i put white wire on i get reading of 3.3 same reading if i read at bat cables.

- - - Updated - - -

the 3.3 reading is with bat disconnected with bat connected i was getting 11.7 i think the last time i read it . takes about 5 days an pull bat all way down