Executive Package

danemayer

Hi Gapboat239,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Here's a link to some specific information on the Big Country, but I don't see an "Executive Package." Perhaps someone else has heard or seen some detail on this. If not, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for the Big Country Sales Team. They can explain in detail what's available.

J

Joel.Eberlein

Here is a listing of the Executive Package:

Solid Stained Hardwood Interior Cabinets w/Hidden Hinges, Hardwood Slide Room Fascia, Solid Surface Counter Tops, Wireless Remote Control System w/Key Fob, Aluminum Framed Laminated Floor, Sidewall & Roof, EZ Lube Dexter Axels w/ E-Z Flex Suspension & 4 Shock Absorbers, Hydro Front Landing Gear, Electric Rear Jacks (N/A w/Auto Leveling), Extended Hitch Pin w/ABS Cover, Radius Slam Baggage Doors, 50 AMP Service, Dual Satellite Prep, Spare Tire & Carrier, 20 Gallon ph Gas/Electric DSI Water Heater, Universal Docking Center w/Black Tank Flush & Exterior Shower, Drop Frame Storage, King Size Bed w/Memory Foam Top Mattress, 15K BTU A/C, Fantastic Fan w/Rain Sensor, Washer/Dryer Prep, 1 Piece Fiberglass Shower, Electric Awning w/LED Light Strip, Storage drawer in step, 2nd A/C prep, Aluminum Rims, Battery Disconnect, Beauflor Flooring, Residential Kitchen Faucet, Dinette table w/4 Chairs, Pre wired for Winegard Trav'ler Sat System, LED Entry Light

On the fall 2016 model product there have been updates to the standard options offered. New package is Independence.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the quick response. Another couple of questions then. The 20 gal water heater, auto leveling, wireless remote control system w/fab, upgraded front and rear end cap w/paint. and Pearl Elite are not a package apparently. What manufacturer makes the 20 gal. HWH and what does the wireless remote system operate (Door lock, slides, lights?)?

danemayer

Thank you for the quick response. Another couple of questions then. The 20 gal water heater, auto leveling, wireless remote control system w/fab, upgraded front and rear end cap w/paint. and Pearl Elite are not a package apparently. What manufacturer makes the 20 gal. HWH and what does the wireless remote system operate (Door lock, slides, lights?)?
As Joel noted, it's a "20 Gallon ph Gas/Electric DSI Water Heater" where ph stands for per hour. I think it's an Atwood unit that has a 10 gallon tank but it supplies 20 gallons per hour of hot water.

J

Joel.Eberlein

Dan is correct PH is per hour. The holding capacity of the water heater is 10gal. The Attwood water heater used on the Big Country has a quick recover of 20gal Per Hour. (All aluminum tank, larger heating element, no anoid rod).

The wireless remote is no longer available. It was discontinued last March. Double check the date of manufacture on the specific coach your looking at. This can be found on the larger VIN tag located on driver side.

If it is easier you can reach me at 574-266-3785 and we can discuss the package in more detail.

Thanks for the ouick response, I will call you tomorrow. As I tell our staff, customer service begins after the sale, making sure our clients return.

Well, just made a deposit on 2016 FB. Looking forward to joining the group. Thanks for your quick responses. I finally figured out how the different dealers order different packages so I can get an apples for apples comparison on a unit (as much as possible)

dbbls59

Here is a listing of the Executive Package:

Solid Stained Hardwood Interior Cabinets w/Hidden Hinges, Hardwood Slide Room Fascia, Solid Surface Counter Tops, Wireless Remote Control System w/Key Fob, Aluminum Framed Laminated Floor, Sidewall & Roof, EZ Lube Dexter Axels w/ E-Z Flex Suspension & 4 Shock Aborbers, Hydro Front Landing Gear, Electric Rear Jacks (N/A w/Auto Leveling), Extended Hitch Pin w/ABS Cover, Radius Slam Baggage Doors, 50 AMP Service, Dual Satellite Prep, Spare Tire & Carrier, 20 Gallon ph Gas/Electric DSI Water Heater, Universal Docking Center w/Black Tank Flush & Exterior Shower, Drop Frame Storage, King Size Bed w/Memory Foam Top Mattress, 15K BTU A/C, Fantastic Fan w/Rain Sensor, Washer/Dryer Prep, 1 Piece Fiberglass Shower, Electric Awning w/LED Light Strip, Storage drawer in step, 2nd A/C prep, Aluminum Rims, Battery Disconnect, Beauflor Flooring, Residential Kitchen Faucet, Dinette table w/4 Chairs, Pre wired for Winegard Trav'ler Sat System, LED Entry Light

On the fall 2016 model product there have been updates to the standard options offered. New package is Independence.

Hope this helps!
looks like these items are standard. This may be one of those "forced options".

Tried to post from my phone, but apparently didn't post. From what I have been able to learn, there are at least 4 packages for the 2016's. Independence, executive, exclusive and pearl elite. They seem to be based upon the dealers (larger like LaMesa and Camping World) specifications mostly. While most of the packages are typical standard features, there does seem to be some that include items such as raised door panels and molded rear cap that are similar to Big Horn, and priced similarly. Couldn't tell which ones, but ot is apparent in the listings form dealer to dealer. It is very confusing and the price lists provided in the forums do not reflects the multiple packages. Perhaps we can an explanation from someone that knows the answer to what is or is not included in each package.

Last edited:
I did in fact speak with Joel and he was very informative, accommodating and able answer most of my questions. The confusion relative to packages was a dealer issue, not a Heartland issue related to additional mark-up. I really appreciate the prompt and informative response from Joel at Heartland.

One last question. On the MSRP sheet under options is an item "DPU". Can someone enlighten me as to what this would be referencing?

J

Joel.Eberlein

DPU is Dealer Pick up.
Some dealers handle their own transport of 5th wheels and travel trailers while others use a third party through Heartland.