Floor heating

Sawdocmd

I'm not educated on all the different electric heating systems on the market, but I've been in my Open Range for the last month and with the temps dropping below freezing my space heater can't keep up at night. If I ran the furnace even at night I'd go through 2 bottles every week or two. From all my reading my new 4100 I'll be picking up this Saturday has much better r- values. Even so they are still propane hogs. If there was a 12v system similar to the tank heaters that could be used as radiant floor heating it would be more even and efficient heating. And there would be space savings as well by not needing a furnace or ducting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Kind of assumes that you will have a constant source of ac power to keep the 12 volt system charged up unless you have a really good solar setup. I don't think running a generator would be anymore practical than using propane. Not everyone stays where there is a constant source of ac. Maybe it would be a good idea to offer something like this as an option.

danemayer

If you have shore power, another option is Cheap Heat. It's a furnace add-on that lets you run the furnace off of either propane or electric. They call it Cheap Heat on the assumption that you are using an RV site where electricity is included in the price of the site.

Here's a link.

If you're in one spot all winter, another option is to have the local propane company set up a 125 Gallon Tank for you. The propane will probably cost 1/2 what it does by the cylinder and you won't have to schlep tanks around. That's what I use during ski season in the Colorado mountains.

Sawdocmd

I have 2 big tanks here for my house. They fill my bottles when they're here. So the price isn't the issue. It's the consumption rate. And unless you run solar you will always need power. And I don't think solar would run 2 or 3 a/c's. So unless your somewhere that the temp doesn't change your gonna need power eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk