ATF: Landmark - Water Leak and QA

busted2341

Let me begin with these coaches take a bouncing ride down the road, but these were not my leak problems. This is also just so Heartland and others can be aware and hopefully make Heartland aware of there QA.

My first leak was the cold water line above the DS storage door. Determined to be the line not properly crimped. Leaked from day one. The second leak was the refrigerator line under the belly. It was determined the line was so tight it was actually rubbing against the metal frame causing the pin hole that soaked the underbelly and ruined all the insulation. The third leak was refrigerator again but this time the line behind the refrigerator was crimped because when the refrigerator was pushed into place, instead of using someone to pull the slack it was shoved into place causing the line to just "stack up". All repaired quickly for the most part and approved by heartland, however since I am a full-timer it still cost me $65. per leak to have a repairman come out. All these should have been a QA adjustment. With what Heartland spent in repair they could have used regular residential water line and saved a lot of heartache. Water leaks fixed, I hope there was not so much water that the damage will not show for a year.....some simple little a adjustments with the type and water line placement and I am not worried about leaks from those areas again....I'll talk about the awning when it's approved and replaced I guess, cuz it's obvious that it should have never left the factory that way..