Blown grease seals

Bob Vaughn

I had a mobile rv mechanic repack my wheel bearings, only thing is he used the Zerk fitting on the spindle and blew the seals and filled the break magnets and shoes with grease. They did not stop the 5th wheel. So I wonder is the extended warranty would cover at least part of the cost of new brakes??? And no I do not have a copy of the coverage......

Roller4tan

My reply would be to get your mobile mechanic back out there and fix his screw up. I don't imagine your extended contract will cover it.

danemayer

Coverage is typically for manufacturing defects/failures that show up after the manufacturer warranty expires. I'd be very surprised if any warranty or extended warranty covered problems caused by improper service.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I doubt your extended warranty will cover you.

My experience with an RV extended warranty is that they will leave you hanging high and dry when on the road!

Which they did to us while over 1000 miles from home, and an over $1000 repair bill that was basically a bandaid to get us home (over $3000 repair when we got home, so over $4000 total for a new trailer with less than 5000 miles on it)!

Read the fine print . . . and carry EVERY SINGLE RECEIPT while on the road for everything you've ever purchased or for work you've ever had done to your RV.

And even doing this will not guaranty that they will cover said issues.

Be sure to read the fine print, plus carry the lemon juice to make the invisible ink appear before signing on the dotted line of an extended warranty.

They are almost always a rip off!

GOTTOYS

When they come back to correct their mistake be sure they replace the brake shoes. They cannot clean them and get the grease out. Mine were covered with grease when it was delivered. I didn't notice it ubtil I checked the brakes a year or so later. I replaced the complete backing plate with the shoes and all and was able to clean the drums. After burnishing the brakes per Dexter's manual I was amazed at how much better they worked...Don

Bohemian

Extended warrenty will not cover 8ntentional damage, accidental damage, abuse, incorrect maintanance, nor normal wear and tear. Only defects.