Hot Water

Hi Scott..

We purchase a Landmark GC in Sept/05 went on our 1st trip this weekend.
The hot water at the taps is luke warm. When I got home did some checking, the temp @the bypass value @ the hot water heater is 130>135 degrees, @ the outlet of the tank 120>125 degrees, @ the inlet to the value system 100>105 degrees, @ the oulet of the value system (kitchen) 85>80 degrees, @ the tap 75>80 degrees. Seems we have a big temp loss between the hot water heater and taps. Does Heatland make a insulation Kit for the trailer to fix this problem, or do you have any suggestions. Temp was 9 c ( 60 F) when I did this checking.

Ray Francis Kindearsley Sask.

arisce

My first time camping the hot water at the faucet was warm.All seem to be O.K.My neighbour said that I had mixed cold with hot water and that was causing the warm water situation.He showed me where I could adjust this mixture.It is a valve near the hot water tank.Turned the other way and I had HOT water.It could be your solution.

bking

I had a similar hot water experience on our first couple outings. I first used LP to heat the water quickly, then switched to electric. The next morning we had warm, not hot, water. So, I switched back to LP.

Then I read about the on/off switch behind the outside water heater cover. It's at the bottom of the water heater. It was turned off. Once I turned it on, we had plenty of hot water using electric.

I didn't test the temperature as Ray Francis so thoroughtly did. But I now have to mix cold water in at the faucet since the hot water by itself is too hot.

BluegrassMan

Luke warm water?

I too had luke warm water the first time out in our G.C. The dealer checked things out and told me that I had the by-pass valves wrong. He said that I had one in the wrong direction. DUH! I thought everything was correct. We have hot now, I didn't know about a valve near the HW tank. Is it in all Landmarks ?

Hot water problems fixed...

I was getting a mixing of cold water into the hot water, on the outside shower both taps where open, letting the cold water back to the hot water manifold. I never hooked up the outside shower hose so didn't no the taps where left on. Thanks for all the reply.

Ray Francis Kindersley Sask.