Heartland Caravan

Piperflyer

I have heard that some brands of RV'er's try to get together and travel in a pack together. I was wondering if any of the Heartland Groups ever put together any trips to travel the country together?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I know that a few of the Arizona HOC members caravanned to the Goshen Rally this past summer . . .

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We traveled some on our own and with two other Heartlander's this past summer. We are planning a trip next summer with a couple of Heartlander's up your way and then west. We try to take in rallies along the way. We would like to visit the National Parks and other places of interest in this great country of ours.

If you're interested or have any ideas of places we need to see in the Dakota's, please send me a PM.

Grey Ghost

We travel along a lot but would love to try a caravan sometime. Our camping buddy died a few years back and now his wife bought a class C and travels with us some times. We love Colorado, California, Utah, Montana, Wyoming and most of the western states. Have not traveled much to the east, but would like to some time. Originally from Nebraska and Missouri but now live in Arizona for the past 16+ years. Love the mountains and also camping along the ocean around Ventura, Ca.:cool:<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="cosymantecnisbfw" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: -webkit-standard; width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object><object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="bgpage" id="cosymantecnisbfwbg" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: -webkit-standard; width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We in the Pacific NW often caravan between Chapter Rallies! The past 3 years there has been a caravan between the Oregon and Washington Chapter Rallies. This year there will be another Caravan between those Rallies and then after the National Rally, there is a Caravan to the California North Chapter Rally in Jackson CA.

Rod

GOTTOYS

Caravan doesn't sound like my cup of tea. I'm sure it's not for everybody. We like to travel at our own pace, stop when we want and keep going when we want. We've seen several caravans come int an RV park we stayed at in AZ and it just looked like a big complicated mess to try and keep organized. Looked like a lot of time sitting and waiting. JMHO...Don

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Caravan doesn't sound like my cup of tea. I'm sure it's not for everybody. We like to travel at our own pace, stop when we want and keep going when we want. We've seen several caravans come int an RV park we stayed at in AZ and it just looked like a big complicated mess to try and keep organized. Looked like a lot of time sitting and waiting. JMHO...Don

I agree. One thing to caravan from one rally to the next, everyone is on the same agenda, but to spent any amount of time traveling together...likely you'd not be friends with your friends at some point during the trip !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I think it would be doable and enjoyable if planned out beforehand with someone you're compatible with and share some of the same interests. Still be alone time from time to time doing some of your own site seeing. Communications goes a long way. As long as plans were discussed the night before, individual side trips shouldn't be a problem. The evening and morning company would be a big plus.
Again, seems it would take some joint planning to make it work. We're planning a trip that direction with the idea of seeing the Dakotas, Mont., Wyoming and maybe Colo. and NM on the way back. Being a long trip. I don't want to be rushed along, hence the planning. Got to see Custer's battlefield , the Badlands, Black Hills, etc. And you know I have to visit Yellowstone.
Maybe plan it to try and hit a rally or two on the way.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We had an enjoyable time a few years back going from the PA rally out to Goshen. I think there was 9 of us. Quite a nice sight going down the road. I don't think that is how I would want to travel on a multiple day trip.

2ef3nux.jpg

xofeyc.jpg

Gaffer

There is a picture of a caravan hanging in Heartland's home office travelling to an Oregon chapter rally.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450065837.304607.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1450065887.924175.jpg

We had a fun caravan from the Washington Rally down to the Oregon Rally. It was pretty uneventful, but did take a little planning for fuel and potty stops.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Piperflyer,
The Rally below is going to be a caravan from Glendale, Utah directly to the Las Vegas National Rally in October of 2016. We currently have all 15 sites booked and taking standby/alternate campground site signups.

If you are interested, please let me add your name. I will be finalizing another park located nearby for anyone left without a spot in the near future. This should be a great time. Please message me with any questions, or if you would like to be added to the roster. Trace

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/52673-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-UT-Glendale-9-27-2016-to-10-2-2016?p=425134#post425134

pegmikef

Several Texas and Oklahoma HOC members routinely caravan from rally to rally when the rally schedule lends itself to same.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We caravanned from the National Rally in Gillette, Wyoming to Cody for the Wyoming Chapter Rally, over the Big Horn mountains. Very glad we did! One owner had some overheating, and we had a tire go low. Without our Heartland friends, it would have been much more of a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
35b06304a838f3cb8aa3202774b10655.jpg