Tires Again

oldcrab

Two quick questions? Was looking at the tire speck sticker on side of 5vr and it stated tire pressure at 90 psi . Fine except side wall on e rated tire is 80 psi. Asumming wrong sticker on Trailer. Second. Read one of the threads posted that said tire manufactor date followsv dot imprint on tire. If the first two numbers show the week of manufacture and the last 2 are the year yhen I might have a problem as aaccording to this info my tires were built the 10th week of 1999 Guess I better do some research.

oldcrab

definately got a problem

Forrest thanks for the link. According to that info my tires were built in 1999. Problem is trailer was built in 2008. That makes these china tires (mission) already 9 years old. Guess willhave to contact dealer or heartland to fin out whats what

vangoes

oldcrab,
Compared to your setup......my "E" Karrier tires have max pressure of 90 PSI and trailer sticker calls for 80 psi. Go figure!

Last edited:

rjr6150

Mine have 4107 on the sidewall if I understand correclty means they were built 41st week of 2007

oldcrab

DOT number

John I checked the link you sent and crawl;ed back under trailer to recheck. Found another set of numbers across from the DOTT imprint. Those Were 0507 so The tires should be 2007 mfg Sounds a little more reasonable. Didn"t think they were 99s but stranger things happen . Again thanks