Looking for advise of water damage

flee27

I have a 2010 North Trail 32QBSS that has been sitting for the past 2 years. Family circumstances have not allowed us to use our camper and the kids are getting older. After hearing me for the past year or complain about owning the camper and using it my wife finally agreed that we should sell it so we brought it home this past weekend to clean it up.

All that is fine other then the fact that through my neglect (I know better) over the last period of sitting our camper had developed a leak at the seam between the roof and the front cap. Obviously we have a delaminated front panel from the leak but much worse is the water damage/mold inside the front of the camper. I know that the repair would be to remove the front panel and replace any rotted wood then install a new front panel. Looking for advise from some that might of had to do this and also opinions on what the value of our camper is without the damage versus with the damage un repaired. Any advise is welcome.

Other than this (major) issue the camper is in excellent shape. When we were using it we took very good care of the camper and it really sickens me to know I knowingly let this happen. I also know it is going to be an expensive lesson. I just want so help weighing the options from people that might have more experience and knowledge than I do.

Thanks in advance for the help

Foster Lee

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I had this happen on one of our rigs many years ago. Two differences though, first off I had actually maintained mine properly and it still happened, and it was the rear cap. If you are handy a remodel can be done. I ended up doing the whole back end of our rig myself from the ceiling to the floor. I would contact Heartland and see if you can get matching interior panels for your year and model before you start. I was lucky in a sense as I was able to find everything I needed at Home Depot and Lowes. The hardest part will be detaching any cabinets etc from the walls intact. Honestly once you accomplish that what is behind the wall is fairly simple to replace. I did a bunch of modifications while I had everything torn apart, more lighting, speakers, and a few other things like styrofoam insulation, epoxied the floor runners, new carpet etc. All in all my project was just a bit over 2K. Pictures would help me help you if you need advice. Hope you are handy and good luck doing this project.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you do proceed with the repair it would be great if you took pics and reported back here with updates on your progress. It would be helpful for others who may want to take on a similar repair.

Safe travels.