Great Customer Service Experience from StarLights

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Four years ago I installed a Starlight SL-1000 exterior LED motion detector porch light. It has worked very well ever since I put it on. However, on our last trip I noticed the small sensor covers were completely falling apart. Sunday, I finally got around to emailing the company about getting replacement lenses. They emailed me back Monday morning to get my address. Got another email this morning. New lenses are on the way.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Had the same issue on our 2013 Bighorn 3010re. Answered my email the next day and within 4-days had the replacements in hand.
GREAT customer service!

GOTTOYS

Same thing happened to mine I received a couple new pieces of plastic in the mail. While all this is great, I doubt that it cost them over a dollar including postage. The real problem for me is that I had to climb up and remove the light which was sealed to the side of my trailer. Take it all apart and replace the two pieces of plastic with the new ones, which look just like the ones that died, then reassemble the whole thing and remount and reseal it. Not sure what would have made me happy except if this hadn't happened at all. I'm curious how long the replacements will last....Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, there was a notice from StarLights a while back, saying that a bad batch of lenses was discovered. The plastic was created without the proper UV inhibitor in it. StarLights was offering replacement lenses at no charge.

At the time of the notice, I figured I didn't have to worry, since my unit was not that old. When I finally noticed our deteriorated lenses this spring I contacted them via email and received the lenses just a week later.

Tony removed the fixture and I replaced them, added clear caulk around the edge of lens to keep out moisture, then he put it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Just got identical treatment from Starlights a couple of weeks ago. I was impressed by their expeditious response. My light is two plus years old.