Solar Help - Dallas area

bettya

We are wanting to add solar to our RV so we can boondock on our property in Colorado. We have a 2015 BH that has a residential fridge, convection oven and two ACs so we know we need a lot of power (even without the ACs we still need a good amount of power). We have read quite a bit on the forums and have an idea on what we need to get this to work for us. We are fairly new to the RV world so we aren't really comfortable doing the electrical wiring ourselves. Although we have done some minor wiring of things in and around our house, we don't really have all the know how about our RV and without a detailed wiring document I'm not sure we want to try this ourselves.

Does anyone have a person or business in the Dallas area that they could recommend for helping us with this? We don't want to just go to any RV dealer and get ripped off or have them install something that does not work properly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't know if they do solar, but I trust Blue Moon Mobile RV Repair. They have a shop in Carrolton, which is where I took my coach to them for an inspection which involved removing a window, and subsequent repair.

http://bluemoonrv.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I don't know if it will help you, but there was a post on the forum, with pics. Maybe someone can direct you to it. His roof was one big solar panel. Looked really interesting and I believe he explained the wiring also.