Front Jack Motor

red4re

I have a 2009 Sundance and just finished my 3rd weekend of camping. Upon getting home Sunday and dropping it in the driveway, I heard a strange noise from the front jacks as I was raising off the hitch. I looked and the electric motor had twisted 180 degrees and the plastic cover that covers the gear by the motor was shattered. I turned it back 180 degrees with my hand and had my wife push the button while I held the motor to prevent it from turnning back.

It looks like the motor is kept in place by 1 metal rod in the back and two plastic rods off the gear cover in the front. Those rods are on either side of the square tubing and just their presence is what holds the motor in place. Needless to say, both plastic rods easily broke under the stress of the motor.

Has anyone else had this problem? How easy is it to replace and does that plastic piece come with the motor or can it be had seperatly?

thanks

red

jnbhobe

Happened to me on my 2009 Bighorn dealer took one off another 5er I put it on 20 min. job. good luck Jon

buckeyebob

front jack motor

i brought my brand new 2009 2900mk home and when i tried to use front jacks i had nothing!i found a black piece of plastic and found it to be the corner of plastic gearbox cover.you are correct these are the stops that keep the motor from spinning on the shaft.my dealer was at my house the next morning with a whole new motor ,shaft etc.they are 1.45 hrs away. jim may rv in findlay ohio.i was impressed with their timely repairs.the cover is cheap brittle plastic.i cant picture this lasting lippert should send out a better cover for replacement.bob