Boomer is growing up!

RottsNScotts

Thought you guys would enjoy seeing a picture of Boomer from September; he is even thicker now but not a lot...

And the good news is that since I am now "retired", I have him enrolled in obedience and conformation classes. We both love them!

Attachments

• Boomer.jpg
    Boomer.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 177

RottsNScotts

Isn't that always true???? LOL

You would see how well Boomer and Abby have me trained if you saw bed time and my having to wedge myself around 2 100+ pound dead weights in my queen size bed! (Okay, not really, they WILL move if I tell them)

RottsNScotts

Newer update.

Attached picture of Boomer winning Winners Dog at the Mt. Rainier Working Dog Club Specialty 2 in Enumclaw 2 weeks ago so we now have 2 of the 15 points he needs for his AKC Champion title. He also won the Rally Novice B class with a score of 98/100 the day before!

Next weekend, we show in the Eugene Kennel Club shows, held in Brownsville, OR and weekend after that, compete in Vacaville, CA for his traffic sureness title!

Boom is VERY busy!Aug 17 WD smlr.jpg

Sarge

Great looking pup you have.

Our Dobbie/Rott mix "Anna" made to within a month of her 18th bday -

Yes. In people years...

Sarge

RottsNScotts

Thanks for the kind words about Boom! Rotties are great dogs. I love that you can pretty much do everything with one good dog; can't say that about too many other breeds.

And, as friendly as Boom is, he does have a very serious side which is good for me!

RottsNScotts

Update on the Boom!

In the last month, he has achieved his BH title - this is a German title that includes obedience on and off leash as well as some traffic sureness and temperament testing - and his Rally Novice title - an on leash obedience title where one performs specific obedience action at each of 9-12 signs in a ring.

Haven't gotten any points in conformation towards his Championship since coming to Calif which is disappointing but we will keep plugging away at it!

Abby is also doing very well at 12 and 8 months! I make sure to get her out at every show so she can go meet and greet. That makes her SO happy and everyone is so kind to give her a lot of attention and petting.

We have Napa in 2 weeks, then what is called the Turkey Circuit - 2 days in Turlock, 2 in Stockton - the days following Thanksgiving. Am considering Roseburg, OR for 4 days between Napa and Turkey Circuit but worry about snow on the pass from CA into OR! Have to decide today to make the entry!

VKTalley

Update on the Boom!

In the last month, he has achieved his BH title - this is a German title that includes obedience on and off leash as well as some traffic sureness and temperament testing - and his Rally Novice title - an on leash obedience title where one performs specific obedience action at each of 9-12 signs in a ring.

Haven't gotten any points in conformation towards his Championship since coming to Calif which is disappointing but we will keep plugging away at it!

Abby is also doing very well at 12 and 8 months! I make sure to get her out at every show so she can go meet and greet. That makes her SO happy and everyone is so kind to give her a lot of attention and petting.

We have Napa in 2 weeks, then what is called the Turkey Circuit - 2 days in Turlock, 2 in Stockton - the days following Thanksgiving. Am considering Roseburg, OR for 4 days between Napa and Turkey Circuit but worry about snow on the pass from CA into OR! Have to decide today to make the entry!

Awesome update on Boomer! Glad you all are doing well. :) Keep us update on the progress.

Jv75353

Boomer looks great, best wishes on his show career! It takes a lot of work and patience but it sounds like you will both be successful. Thanks for the update.

RottsNScotts

Thanks guys! He is SUCH a good boy and tries so hard.

Have started his roadwork to try for his AD which is a endurance test where they trot alongside a bike for 5 miles, rest, another 4 miles, rest then 3 more, rest then perform a short obedience routine. Hard part is that there must be at least 4 dogs in the test and one does not know as you are preparing if anyone else is going to enter!

Oh well, the exercise won't hurt either of us! He is working at 2.5 miles in 24 minutes in his first week with a reasonably quick recovery...

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Janet, thanks for keeping us up to date on both Boomer and Abby. Hope you've got parking that monster Cyclone down to a science by now. We look forward to seeing you down the road, as your show schedule allows. There are back to back rallies in Silver Lake, WA and Canyonville, OR (WA chapter and West Coast Region) the second two weekends in September next year.

Safe travels and congratulations on your progress with Boomer.

RottsNScotts

Nope, can't back into spaces any better than when I saw you guys! The parking guys at shows have been finding nooks and crannies that are pull through for me as they can't fit me in the usual spaces any way! An unexpected advantage to a big rig! LOL

I doubt I will make the fall rallies next year. I have to have the rig to the Heartland factory July 3rd for them to fix the floor in the living room! They were willing to come get it in December of this year but I could not figure out where the hounds and I were going to live while they had it!

We worked out that I would bring it back there - hitting dogs shows as I travel! LOL - then, while they have it, I will be visiting friends in WI, IL and possibly even Toronto! Once I get it back, I am thinking of visiting places on the east coast I saw as a child. I think I will have an entirely new experience as an adult!

Then plan to be back in CA by the end of Sept.

That is what I am thinking now but plans can and will change! The advantage of retirement! VBG

RottsNScotts

We just spent 11 days on the road to Napa, CA and Roseburg, OR for dog shows!

Did not do anything in conformation except a Reserve Winners Dog - no points though! - last Friday.

However, after working Boom in Rally Novice on Thursday, some friends who I met at an RV park in WA who are AKC Obedience/Rally/Tracking judges who saw him work, suggested I move him up to Rally Advanced. Advanced is similar to Novice except it is off leash, there are some additional stations, including a jump, and the handler can give less help.

So, I taught him the jump that evening and sallied forth.

He passed all 3 of the remaining days with respectable scores and got a new title - RA!

I loved the quality of his work, his enthusiasm and high desire to please!

We show the 4 days after Thanksgiving in Turlock and Stockton - long known as the Turkey Circuit! - then will take a break while we concentrate on training!

And Abby, of course, was paid with hot dogs for her good work as consult! LOL

RottsNScotts

Just wanted to let Boomer's friends know that he finished his AKC Conformation Championship yesterday here at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY!

It has been a long road and I am SO happy!

Fast Freddie also got 2 points on Thursday and a point yesterday on his way to his AKC Conformation Championship and he is only 10 months old!

Taking today off to tourist the park a bit - they have a 3 day event going on! - then will show Freddie Sunday and Monday. Boomer may get to go do Barn Hunt; he LOVES that!

VKTalley

Just wanted to let Boomer's friends know that he finished his AKC Conformation Championship yesterday here at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY!

It has been a long road and I am SO happy!

Fast Freddie also got 2 points on Thursday and a point yesterday on his way to his AKC Conformation Championship and he is only 10 months old!

Taking today off to tourist the park a bit - they have a 3 day event going on! - then will show Freddie Sunday and Monday. Boomer may get to go do Barn Hunt; he LOVES that!

That's awesome to hear!!! Enjoy being in my hometown of Lexington, KY! The Horse Park is where we stay when we visit there.

RottsNScotts

That's awesome to hear!!! Enjoy being in my hometown of Lexington, KY! The Horse Park is where we stay when we visit there.

Hey Valerie! Wish the dog shows had not kept me so busy, I would have loved to tour some farms! I have really enjoyed staying at the Horse Park, even with it stuffed to the gills over the Labor Day weekend. It has cleared out significantly so I expect the next day and a half will be very peaceful. The boys love their walks here!

Fast Freddie, my 11 month old wheaten Scottish Terrier, garnered 5 points this weekend towards his AKC Conformation Championship! He now has 7, 8 to go!

VKTalley

Hey Valerie! Wish the dog shows had not kept me so busy, I would have loved to tour some farms! I have really enjoyed staying at the Horse Park, even with it stuffed to the gills over the Labor Day weekend. It has cleared out significantly so I expect the next day and a half will be very peaceful. The boys love their walks here!

Fast Freddie, my 11 month old wheaten Scottish Terrier, garnered 5 points this weekend towards his AKC Conformation Championship! He now has 7, 8 to go!

Janet, that sounds about right for a holiday weekend there! Everyone getting that last camping trip in before the fall. It's a great park for walking. Nice to hear that Freddie is doing so well, along with Boomer.

Safe travels to you all. We head out in the morning from Gig Harbor, heading back eastward. Have had a wonderful time visiting with our daughter, our son-in-love, our two granddaughters, and our son-in-love's family.

RottsNScotts

Janet, that sounds about right for a holiday weekend there! Everyone getting that last camping trip in before the fall. It's a great park for walking. Nice to hear that Freddie is doing so well, along with Boomer.

Safe travels to you all. We head out in the morning from Gig Harbor, heading back eastward. Have had a wonderful time visiting with our daughter, our son-in-love, our two granddaughters, and our son-in-love's family.

Safe travels to you as well! Let me know if you run into any fire caused driving challenges on your way out of the west. I am also following Jim on his travels to the Canyonville Rally to see what route works out the best for no problems!

Thanks!

VKTalley

Safe travels to you as well! Let me know if you run into any fire caused driving challenges on your way out of the west. I am also following Jim on his travels to the Canyonville Rally to see what route works out the best for no problems!

Thanks!

Will do! Today's drive (Gig Harbor to Spokane) was very smoky but didn't see any fires. Tomorrow, we head to Deer Lodge, MT.